Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2007, 04:39 AM

I am not doing any excursions on there island, is there anything else that I should want or need to see? If there is an excursion on one of there island that I should do please let me know. Thank

Old 10-29-2007, 06:11 AM

Dunns River Falls, is great. That's in Ocho Rios. If you prefer not to climb the falls themselves, you can go along the side. Climbing the falls is a blast, you need water shoes. The guides will hold your camera for you and take pictures on the way up. The water is cold and refreshing. The time we were to stop in Haiti, they rerouted us due to a military coup going on. This was years ago, so I can't help you there. You don't have to do the excursion to Dunns through the ship, though I highly recommend doing so. Jamaica is a beautiful country, but very poor. Stay in a group no matter what you do. It is one island I strongly urge people to do a ship's excursion. It's just not wise to go out on your own there. If you do, be sure to stay in the tourist areas.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:42 AM

Hi,
I took this cruise in April, 07. No need to do an excursion in Haiti. It's a private beach owned by the cruise line. Your ship account card works there, like being on a private island. We did choose to take the walking tour. It's the only way you'll get any feeling for the culture and history of Haiti. But, if you're interested in beach style sun and fun, just go and enjoy.
Lydia
Old 11-04-2007, 12:53 PM

Labadee has a new zipline if you're adventurous.

Cheers, Neil
Old 11-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Labadee was a great way to spend the day...Just lounging, swimming, and a great lunch served by the ship....You won't regret it...

Bob E
Old 11-12-2007, 09:19 AM

Word of caution, stan within the friendly confines of Labadee. It is well guarded and a beautiful, relaxing place to visit. Venturing outside of this area is done at great peril.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruises, excursion, exercusion, haiti, haitsjamaica, hati, jamaica, jamicia, ocho, port, reviews, rios, ship, ziplining