Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Caribbean Port Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/caribbean-port-chat/)
-   -   Belize with Young Children (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/caribbean-port-chat/23966-belize-young-children.html)

crisiebabe 02-04-2006 03:52 AM

Hi
We'll be on the Carnival Miracle at the end of this month and was wondering if anybody has got any idea's of what to do in Belize. I think most kind of organised trips are out of the question unless anyone has any ideas. Our boys are 2 1/2 & nearly 4.
Thanks for your help

Chris

Oggy Boy 02-04-2006 08:27 PM

2 1/2 and 4? I think I would stay on the ship and enjoy the day with them. If I did get off the ship, I would simply take the high speed tender into the port, do some shopping and then return to the ship for more pool fun.

Tom

Carlalena1 02-04-2006 08:44 PM

I would leave them on board and go snorkeling.

chibertb 02-08-2006 02:11 PM

I agree with leaving them in Camp Carnival. As much as I would want to be together, do the adult thing and go snorkeling or river tubing by yourself. The kids will still have fun. I've done the river tubing thing and had a great time, but my youngest was 6. He did fine. I didn't go through the ship either, I researched it myself.

Kate Ashlock 02-08-2006 02:49 PM

I agree, leave the kids on ship and do your own thing. Belize isn't very kid friendly, especially at that age. If you don't want to leave them then tender in, shop take a few pics and head right back.

Nanon Foote 02-10-2006 03:02 PM

We were in Belize in August 2004. I agree leave the kids at the kids club, and then go to Belize. We did the excursion that was Altun Ha and the river boat ride back. My husband and 2 girls loved Altun Ha. (Personally I thought it was a pile of rocks) but they all thought it was fabulous. We took a native river boat back. Saw lots of monkeys, a few crocs and some manatees.

The bus ride from dock to dock was good too. Air conditioning and lots of local beer. Belize is very poor and dirty. My then 10 year old was very upset by the poverty. It's worth it for an adult to visit, but I recommend leaving the kids until they get older.

crisiebabe 02-11-2006 10:50 AM

A very BIG T H A N K Y O U.
For all the replies with some really useful advise. It really is appreciated.
We head for Orlando in a weeks time then the cruise is after that..... we really can't wait.

Thanks Again
The Langley Family (Nottingham UK)

showcat 02-16-2006 01:42 AM

Hi In Belize don't do the city tour, very poor and rundown. I went snorkling with stingrays with an american owned company www.coralbreezelimited.com they have several tours to choose from, all cheaper then the ships, the staff was very professional, just make sure of the times Belize time and ships time are not the same so double check. Some of the tours are snorkling, cave tubing, beach day, Altun Ha etc...

Snorkel Mich 02-17-2006 07:01 PM

When they get older the Belize Zoo was pretty cool but its a long bus ride.

At the docks they have shopping but not much for the kids to do.

Dave 02-18-2006 09:06 AM

My memory of the Belize Zoo also includes the bathroom facilties - plywood outhouses.