Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2004, 08:02 PM

I had a gun pointed at my head by 2 masked gun men while on a Carnival Shore Excursion last week. From what I experienced, I believe the entire island is corrupt including the authorities. If you're unlucky enough to have this as a port of call, don't get off the ship. Carnival has taken no reponsibility for their tour thus far!
Old 08-16-2004, 08:02 PM

I had a gun pointed at my head by 2 masked gun men while on a Carnival Shore Excursion last week. From what I experienced, I believe the entire island is corrupt including the authorities. If you're unlucky enough to have this as a port of call, don't get off the ship. Carnival has taken no reponsibility for their tour thus far!
Old 08-17-2004, 05:51 AM

Well, I am so glad you returned safely. How awful for you!!! What shore excursion were you on? Did Carnival provide any kind of pre-warnings about dangers before visiting the island?
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-17-2004, 07:23 AM

Oh man! What a horrible experience! How many people were with you? Did they take everything? Was there a Carnival representative with you at the time?

I am so sorry this happend to you.

Tom
Old 08-29-2004, 04:11 PM

The unfortunate incident that occurred in my beautiful island of Dominica is what it is unfortunate. I do apologize if the incident has had a negative impact on the victims. What I on the other hand can not in good conscience accept are the misconstrued opinions floating around generally categorizing my island as an unsafe port to unboard. At least one of the perpetrators in question has been arrested and sentenced to five years. The Police Force is quite dedicated to ensuring that the remaining perpetrator is caught. To insinuate that the Police Force is corrupt is the epitome of exaggeration.

I do regret the incident but all most of my fellow islanders can do at this moment is apologise.We are not in a position to rewind time.Unless you one the other hand possess this ability then I urge you to rewind the clock on many terrible incidents that have occurred in this world.

We are just as upset as you are with what has occurred.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:27 PM

I will have to agree, sorry that this all happened, but to steel one 'it could have happened to anyone, anywhere, in any country'.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:58 PM

True enough, John!
Old 08-31-2004, 04:27 AM
Banned

It truly is a terrible thing to happen, but we cannot condem the whole island. If we did, we would have to do so with with many places in our own home lands!

Closed Thread

Tags
call, carnival, dominica, gunpoint, happened, horrible, island, port, reviews, robbed