Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2005, 11:52 AM

Has anyone taken the Airial Tram Excursion in Dominica? Is it worth seeing? Did you book through the cruiseline or on your own?

Is there something better to see on Dominica?
Old 10-17-2005, 06:01 AM

The Aerial tram excursion in Dominica is a must see. The ride is approimately 90 mins. long and takes you through a wild, mountainous private nature reserve in the center of Dominica’s isolated wilderness. Countless waterfalls, brooks and rivers course through these tropical lands and tumble into a deep river gorge that can be viewed only from the tram gondolas.
The tram is uniquely designed to provide visitors with a view of the entire forest architecture from top to bottom. You will discover plants and life forms that are usually hidden from the human eye in the forest treetops, opening up a little-seen world of intense beauty. Halfway through the ride, you can get off the ride for a short walk across the suspension bridge. It is quite an adventure. It is definitely worth seeing. we booked on our own with a local guide. You can contact him @ fredos40@hotmail.com. He is very reliable, and he also gave us a short tour as well.

Other things you can do in dominica, River Tubing, whale watching, snorkeling, and other adventure tours; like trafalgar falls, emerald pool, fresh water lake, sulphur springs, layou valley, Mr. nice's fruit stand and so much more.

I can guaratee you, that you will have a great time on this beautiful little islnad, filled with friendly people.

Happy cruising.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:43 AM

Hi Coolchick, How much was your trip with Fredos including the Aerial Tram? I'm cruising on my own n February and the ship's excursion seems v.expensive at S114.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:04 PM

Hello Jantoby, the Aerial Tram was US$55 per person. Transportation to the tram was US$25 pp. However, we did a short tour as well for the price of US$100 pp, (the US$55 & US$25 are inclusive). We went to the Trafalgar Falls, Sulphur Springs, Botanical Gardens and Mourne Bruce and then back to the ship. That took us about 5 hrs. I am sure that if you contact him, then he can do the same tour for you at the same price. From what I gathered, he is a very reasonable person and I know that you will be safe with him.

I hope all goes well with you. Happy cruising.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:54 AM

[quote]Originally posted by coolchick:
Hello Jantoby, the Aerial Tram was US$55 per person. Transportation to the tram was US$25 pp. However, we did a short tour as well for the price of US$100 pp, (the US$55 & US$25 are inclusive). We went to the Trafalgar Falls, Sulphur Springs, Botanical Gardens and Mourne Bruce and then back to the ship. That took us......

Thanks for that - I´m in touch with Fredos to see what I can negotiate - I´m travelling alone so he might prefer to try for a full car. Fingers crossed!

Closed Thread

Tags
aerial, cruise, dominica, falls, juneau, port, reviews, ride, safe, ship, sky, tour, trafalgar, tram, tramway