Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2004, 11:57 AM

My family and I are going on the Conquest 2/8/04 and my kids are 6 and 3. What are some good inexpensive excursions? Who do you recommend I book them thru?
Old 01-28-2004, 11:57 AM

My family and I are going on the Conquest 2/8/04 and my kids are 6 and 3. What are some good inexpensive excursions? Who do you recommend I book them thru?
Old 01-29-2004, 11:21 AM
Banned

I was on that same cruise. Those ages make it tough! I would suggest mostly beach type activities. When it's hot, kids want to cool off in the water(as opposed to shopping and sightseeing). So, I would go to Rose Hall Beach in Jamaica, Chankanaab, Cozumel(possibly) for their walking trails and seeing the big lizards etc.. although there isn't a gradual walk-in beach there.
In Grand Cayman, the 6 year old could work well with the stingrays (3 year old may be petrified)depends on your kids and swimming abilities. My kids ranged from 15 to 20. If they were 3 to 6, it would have been an entirely different experience.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:02 AM

My kids have been going to stingray city since they were 2. My husband carried the youngest on his back for a while until he got comfortable with the stingrays. Do bring swim arm bands or some type of floatation devise for the youngest as it will give you a little more freedom.

I would recommend Captain Bryans Catamaran they were wonderful with my kids and the catamaran is more stable then a motor boat..good for young children who have a hard time sitting still

Closed Thread

Tags
bay, cayman, caymen, cozamel, cozumel, cruise, cruises, grand, jamaca, kids, montego, montigo, port, porting, reviews