Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 07:25 AM

Because I don't want to expose my daughter to the nudity at Orient Beach. I thought we would taxi to Marigot to site see on the French side and shop a little. Just take a taxi van when we get off the boat and return back to the ship and go to the beach adjacent from the ship. Would like feedback from those that have done the beach by the ship. Are there floats to rent and other activities. How about chairs. I went a couple of years ago but we did the Golden Eagle Catamarin, not the beach. Thanks, Cathy from Georgia
Old 02-05-2008, 11:50 AM

Hi cruzincrazy,

We went to the beach by the the ship this past October and loved it. We rented beach chairs (2 for $10 for the day) from one of the restaurants. They had a waitress bring us drinks on the beach and we ordered a great lunch. We did not feel like eating on the beach so they came and got us when our food was ready. We ate outside on their deck overlooking the beach.
They also had a water trampoline that our 7 year old had a blast playing on. It was a fun day that I would recommend to anyone.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-05-2008, 12:02 PM

Did you just walk from the boat? Do you know what the taxi van cost to go to Marigot and back. How long of a drive is it, if you know.

Quote:
Originally posted by 29dawgs:
Hi cruzincrazy,

We went to the beach by the the ship this past October and loved it. We rented beach chairs (2 for $10 for the day) from one of the restaurants. They had a waitress bring us drinks on the beach and we ordered a great lunch. We did not feel like eating on the beach so they came and got us when our food was ready. We ate outside on their deck overlooking the beach.
They also had a water trampoline that our 7 year old had a blast playing on. It was a fun day that I would recommend to anyone.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Did you just walk from the boat?
That takes too long. It is easier to use the water taxi at the end of the pier which will deposit you right at the boardwalk and beach area in just a few minutes. You can buy an all-day wrist band for a few dollars.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:14 AM

The line for the water taxi was long and we did not feel like waiting so we took a regular cab. We shared it with a couple and I think it was $2 or $3 per per person. It was much faster.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-06-2008, 08:25 PM

We used the water taxi, the wait was very minimal. Our daughter and her husband went straight to the beach (right off the water taxi) and got chairs for a group of 8 of us. The rest of us went shopping for a while, then spent the rest of the day at the beach. It was GREAT!

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, closest, cruise, maarten, marteen, martin, orient, port, rates, saint, st, taxi, trampoline, trampolines, water