Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Caribbean Port Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/caribbean-port-chat/)
-   -   Ocho Rios ~~ Have you? (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/caribbean-port-chat/25133-ocho-rios-have-you.html)

Need a Vacation 05-08-2007 08:28 AM

I am thinking about trying one of these shore excursions: have you ever? Do you have any info about?
~Reggae Baby Boat Cruise, Beach & Falls Tour
~ Breezes Resort All Inclusive Beach Day

I think I am leaning more towards the Breezes Resort. I just don't kniw that Ocho Rios is somewhere we want to attack on our own.

Any info greatly appreciated!!

penny3333 05-08-2007 08:36 AM

If you haven't done Dunn's River Falls, you need to take the beach & falls tour. If you've done Dunn's River, then the all-inclusive might be a good way to go. Make sure you stay with a group there, it's not a good idea to go out on your own. But, enjoy the island, it's beautiful.

Andrealovescruising 05-08-2007 08:46 AM

Hi need a vacation. Funny you mentioned "attack" in your post. As Penny stated, stay with an organized group in Jamaica. Anything is possible there.
Dunns River Falls is breathtaking and wonderful. And, I've said it before.... I believe everyone should see it once in their lifetime.
A'ndrea

Christie 05-08-2007 05:44 PM

I would recommend Dunn's River Falls too. It's really beautiful and fun to climb. It would probably be cheaper to catch a cab there though than booking it through the cruise line. Also, I've never been to Breezes in Ochos Rios, but I've been to the one in the Bahamas on an excursion once and it was very disappointing. It was definitely a waste of money.

cousins 05-09-2007 06:28 AM

Ochos Rios Dunns River Falls...a must. However, I would take a taxi and pay there. Take: water proof camera, towels, water shoes.
They do have lockers there you can rent.

Karrie 05-09-2007 07:46 AM

If you go to Dunns River Falls purchase the DVD it's a bit expensive, but if you are a good talker like me you can get it for a cheaper price. The DVD is very nice I enjoy watching it with my family and friends.

Sorry I can't help with your excursion question I took a private tour of the island with Dunns River it was only $35 per person

Need a Vacation 05-10-2007 08:21 AM

Karrie,
Do you remember who you booked through? I have seen the Falls shore excursion but didn't know if I would want to be at the mercy of a group! I don't want to get stuck there.
It looks fun but I wasn;t sure about the falls!

Nica 05-10-2007 08:29 AM

We will be in ocho rios on may 23rd and are doing the falls and the river tubing. WE booked thruogh Phil Lafeyette, but there is also a guy last name Taylor who I hear is great. You could probably google these names.

Nica 05-10-2007 08:37 AM

I did a little looking up and it is Pete Taylor in jamaica. Enjoy your cruise.

Andrealovescruising 05-10-2007 09:25 AM

My personal experience with Pete Taylor is not good. I would never again re-book an excursion with him. He got out of his van and urinated in front of my 2 daughters. And, that was the tame part of our experience with his excursion.
A'ndrea