Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 06:08 PM

We went to the Wacky Rollers Challenge course (tree top trekking) and were delighted by the whole day. The course was very well designed and laid out and safety was paramount. The staff were at every "game" and made sure everything was done correctly and fun! I have been on other treks, in Canada, and they were not as vigilant.
There was lots of variety in games and many zip lines (my favourite). It also gave you a chance to get a feel for the rain forest and the island (both in the air and while driivng to and from). This excursion was through Princess although I am sure the other lines have similar connections. Highly recommended.
(Pay attention to the weight restriction, one person in our group was not allowed to particpate as he was too heavy. You can also arrange to go as a non participant if you want to go with family but not climb yourself)

Dominica is definitely an eco tour type place, it is not a shopping day. The people we were with were very hospitable and proud of their country (which is gorgeous).
Don't worry about rain in the course, it rains and stops and rains and stops and it is warm (it is a rainforest!)

Old 01-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Administrator

Thank you for the feedback, and welcome home. This is great information...it's nice to know that people like me (fearful of heights) can go as a nonparticipant. Would you happen to remember, approximately, the weight limit?
Old 01-01-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Would you happen to remember, approximately, the weight limit?
While this was not asked of me, the weight restriction is 250 lbs. I've heard a lot of positive comments about this excursion.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, reviews, top, tree, treetop, trek