Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

View Poll Results: My wife and I are taking our two children 10 & 13 to the Western Caribbean and are looking for excu
**** 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2003, 12:24 PM

Old 02-23-2003, 12:24 PM

Old 02-23-2003, 04:26 PM

My husband and I took our 3 teenage children (17, 15, and 13) to the Western Caribbean last year. We loved Playa del Sol. Go if the weather is nice, if not cancel. It is a beach place-No fun if there is no sun. In Grand Cayman the town is the port. There are plenty of places to shop and the Hard Rock Cafe is steps away. I wouldn't have missed swimming with the sting rays though. It was a blast! You don't really swim, you are up to your waist in the water. AS to Jamaica, Margaritaville is always a hit with the kids. The kids do need upper body strength to climb on some of the flotation devices, but it is a hip place..
Old 02-25-2003, 06:31 AM

Because most of the cruise ships offer Playa Sol packages, it tends to be very crowded. If you'd like something with less people, you could try Mr. Sancho's or Nachicocom. They are both beach clubs in the same general location, but don't charge to enter. Nachicocom has a larger pool than Mr. Sancho's. If you decide not to buy the package through the cruise ship, you can catch a cab to one of the other beach clubs and go on your own.

You can also rent a car for about $45.00 (VW) and go wherever you want for the day.

Our most beautiful beaches are on the east side of the island, which is uninhabited, with white sand beaches and open sea. There are about five or six palapa type restaurants along that side of the island, where you can pull in and have a bite and something to drink.

Check out the cozumelinsider.com beach chart and consider renting a car and doing the island on your own. It's easy and you will discover the real Cozumel.

Enjoy!

Ross in Cozumel
Old 03-23-2003, 03:57 PM

We went on a Jeep Safari Tour in Cozumel and loved it. We had such a good time. I cant say enough things about the whole trip. We had lunch on a secluded beach and swam. Your kids are old enough to really appreciate that kind of adventure. Have fun.
Old 04-27-2003, 12:58 PM

grand cayman walk to 7 mile beach or take a cab its a 20 minute walk, theres a burger king you pass if you get hungry.

Closed Thread

Tags
advice, caribbean, carnival, carribean, cozumel, cruise, cruises, excursion, excusrsion, royal, trips, vw, westen, western, westerncarribeanexcurionpackages