Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 05:54 AM

Jim, if this link doesn't go to the correct picture, it's image #30 of 56. It shows the catwalk that they built since we were there. You can see some of the boulders on the shoreline. It's MUCH better than when we tried to do it from the shore. It didn't, just takes you to the main page, it's the ninth thumbnail on the second row.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:31 AM

Hey Penny! Yes, I found it. That doesn't look too terrible. I found a couple of independent tours that go there, but both looked as though they drive you to the beach. I have emails into them asking how they get there. Worst case we can taxi there and use the walk way.

I was surprised the cruise tours didn't offer one too. They may have one once we get on the ship that isn't online, but we won't know that until we get to the ship.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 06-05-2009, 07:41 AM

I'm sure there will be something on shore. Dominica is not a very wealthy island. When we first went there, it was amazing that we could even dock there. I guarantee the cruise industry has tripled their travel income. There were hundreds of cab drivers lined up outside the terminal and hundreds of shops set up along the streets. A taxi would probably be a good bet, that way you could have them pick you up and take you to the Trafalga Falls/Emerald Pool area after, if you wanted.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:53 AM

Awesome pictures Penny! That catwalk wasn't there when I was there the last time either. Jim, I hope you get something worked out with this.

Dwayne
Old 06-08-2009, 03:19 AM
I can only recomend a few tours:

*Best of st. Lucia

*TORAILLE WATERFALL & FOND DOUX ESTATE

st Lucia: first buy the banana ketchup, don't leave the island without it.

The second tour give you the option to go to their cocoa factory so they explain all about how it is made, a nice tour, and at the end of the tour you go to the waterfall and swim in the Toraille Waterfall if you want to is a good option I already took this tour and I recommend it.

Antigua:

HISTORIC ANTIGUA & BEACH

here is the deal I had been there two times and mostly on rainy day so by this time my guess visit NELSON dockyard is a good history place and the tour ends on one fo the beaches so is a good option too.

for the other islands I don't really recommend because usually I only take sight-seening options live in a caribbean island, a beach day is not that important for me during cruising...
Old 06-08-2009, 05:24 AM

Quote:
St Kitts- Another one where we are not sure what to do.
It's not a beach/snorkel excursion, but we enjoyed a narrated cable car ride up through a rain forest. Very interesting. While on the ride, we saw nearby a zip line course, so there must be an option somewhere for tree top zip lining.

Sandy
Old 06-09-2009, 03:48 PM

Banana ketchup? Ok.. if you say so. Might be nice for topping on ice cream or maybe on pancakes or waffles...

I was trying to find the tour to the cocoa plantation, but couldn't find it. So
*TORAILLE WATERFALL & FOND DOUX ESTATE is the one? I think my girls would love the cocoa factory tour. Thanks for that idea.

Thanks for the St Kitts idea Sandy. That might work too...
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 06-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Banana ketchup - I've had it. I don't recommend it on ice cream or pancakes. It still has the key elements of vinegar, spices, etc.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim C.:
Banana ketchup? Ok.. if you say so. Might be nice for topping on ice cream or maybe on pancakes or waffles...

I was trying to find the tour to the cocoa plantation, but couldn't find it. So
*TORAILLE WATERFALL & FOND DOUX ESTATE is the one? I think my girls would love the cocoa factory tour. Thanks for that idea.

Thanks for the St Kitts idea Sandy. That might work too...
I don't recommend it on ice cream
But is mostly a good choice for hot dogs or hamburger if you what a different taste I use it in "bacalaitos" in Puerto Rico is good for a different taste

yes that's the one:

TORAILLE WATERFALL & FOND DOUX ESTATE

Mostly they show you the garden and there is a little store where you can also buy the cocoa in its original form directly, they show you how they make it and at the end you can see the waterfall and swim if you want to
when I went on it last year the tour guide was a very active person and you can enjoy good views of the island during the tour.

Closed Thread

Tags
barbados, caribbean, caribean, excursion, excursions, kitts, maarten, port, reviews, royal, southern, st, things, tour, tours