Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2006, 09:22 PM

We'll have 5 people that are definitely going to Stingray City. Will not miss it if we can help it. On our last cruise, we had to miss this port due to really bad weather. We'd like to combine other snorkeling with it also since Cayman's are advertised as one of the best places to scuba or snorkel. Any recommendations for specific excursions? Is there snorkeling off seven mile beach? Sounds like Captain Marvin's might be a way to go. What does he offer that's different than booking through RCCL? Any advice is appreciated.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:04 AM

We did a couple of snorkels on wrecks, but I don't remember the names of the wrecks. They were great snorkels. It's been a while since we were on 7 mile beach, but I don't think there was much to see snorkeling there. However, the beach itself is beautiful. There certainly have been rave reviews of Captain Marvin's, I usually book our excursions through the ship. Have a wonderful cruise!!
Old 06-15-2006, 10:00 PM

Captain Marvin's can be booked on line and it will be less that booking on ship. Here is the link if you need it. www.captainmarvins.com
Old 06-18-2006, 07:19 AM

We just got back 2 days ago form RCCL Enchantment 5 day and in Cayman did the Stingray City and Island Tour thru Nativeway Watersports, a private tour . It was awesome! They took us to Hell, 7 mile Beach, Tortuga Rum Factory and Turtle Farm, and lastly the Stingray sandbar. It was very uncrowded, nice air-conditioned bus, and didnt envy the other tours doing the same thing that looked very crowded and overbooked. Nativewaywatersports.com is where you can check it out. We paid when we finished the excursion. Hope this helps and have fun!
Old 06-30-2006, 08:50 PM

Thank you for your responses. I've booked a full day excursion with captain marvin's. It offers a full-day excursion including lunch and three snorkel spots, including stingray city. We're more interested in being in the water than on land. Mostly because we tried snorkeling in Jamaica and it wasn't that great (compared to other places we've been) so we probably won't do that again there. It's just a 5-day cruise so we'll get all our snorkeling in on one excursion! It's my first excursion I've booked that's not thru the shipline. Hopefully all will go well.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:56 PM

I just went on Captain Marvins in June. They did a great job. We went on a 1/2 to stingray sandbar and then snokeling. They have someone filming you so you can by the cd

Have a great time, Caymans are beutiful

Closed Thread

Tags
captain, day, full, marvin, tour