Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2007, 12:51 PM

Hi HOH, snorkeling in those two places is great. We did a snorkel last December through Costa that stopped in 2 places in Grand Turk. The first was a beautiful coral area and the second was a great place for colorful sea life. Half Moon Cay is good snorkeling as well. The best snorkel I've done so far was in Dominica. We did the Champagne Reef snorkel there. If you ever visit Dominica, you need to do that one. Snorkeling is not hard at all, they will give you a snorkel vest and you are very bouyant in salt water. Just remember, if you start to get scared, lift you head out of the water and drop your mouth piece. Best wishes and enjoy snorkeling!
Old 08-15-2007, 07:34 AM

We bought a snorkel to practice in our pool. I'm having no problems at all....love it. My husband on the other hand has a problem with water leaking inside the mask due to his mustache. PA Steve mentioned he has the same problem. Other than shaving it off, is there anything else he can do to help get a better seal around his face. If he takes his time when adjusting the mask it's not so bad, but he is very frustrated. I think he might also be trying to breathe through his nose because the water in the mask goes up his nose.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hooked-on-HAL:
What about glasses? Eye glasses, not wine glasses. Can you only snorkel with contact lenses?? Do the masks fit over glasses or do I need to invest in contacts?

BTW, I will need two life vests. One for upper body and one to keep my lower half from sinking down. Center of gravity on a mature woman......
I am totally lost without my glasses, however, I don't need any contacts or anything else when snorkeling. The water seems to magnify everything and I had no trouble seeing at all.

As for the double life jackets (hahah good one) you'll be surprised how that sea water keeps you up. I thought I'd sink like an anchor too but to my surprise - no!

Just be careful and either wear a tshirt or TONS of waterproof sunscreen on your back. We went snorkeling in St. Thomas and I was so fascinated that I spent way more time in that water than I planned and later that night.....I looked like one of the lobsters that I saw that afternoon. Painful to say the least.

Kim

Closed Thread

Tags
cay, difficult, dificult, half, hard, moon, need, physically, salt, snorkel, snorkeling, snorkelling, snorkling, vest, water, wear