Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2006, 11:40 AM

We want to do the stingray snorkeling. Are all the tours about the same? Any suggestion?
Old 10-06-2006, 01:32 PM

We did the tour offered on Carnival, it was the rum shop, turtle farm, hell and Stingray snorkel, we had a lot of fun!!! You are with the same group of people for the whole tour. We got our picture taken with the stingray, we got to feed them, they swim around your feet we had a really good time.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:19 PM
I did the Stingray swim offered on the ship. There were a bunch of other boats from others tours in the same area so I would think they are all pretty close.

I have a few pictures here
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------

Read and post cruise reviews

Past Cruises:
34 and Counting......
Old 10-06-2006, 09:51 PM

Larry,

Thanks for posting the link to those amazing photos of Elation!

Back on topic, I have heard the GC tours are great. I usually go to seven mile beach, but am going to take the stingray tour next time.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mollroddot:
We want to do the stingray snorkeling. Are all the tours about the same? Any suggestion?
We were just there two weeks ago on Carnival Inspiration and it was fantastic. I booked with Moby Dick Tours (mobydicktours.com) from home, no money in advance, and got emailed instructions about where to meet, etc. They're very familiar with ship times, when you need to be back, etc, and are very helpful with teaching about the rays. Only $35 for stingray/snorkel tour, which is half price of the ones they offer on the ship. We kissed the rays, fed them and even held one in our arms. Very cool. Definitely don't pass up the rays. A woman in my party was waffling on whether to do it, then we got there and she saw the kids in the water--and before we knew it she was in the water before the rest of us!
Old 10-16-2006, 04:26 AM

watermonkey thanks for the info.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:51 AM
Seven mile beach is a great place too!
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------

Past Cruises:
34 and Counting......
Old 10-16-2006, 01:01 PM

Capt. Marvins is a popular one, but we really like Ebanks Watersports with Capt. Shawn. You can do the usual big boat with a bunch of people, like you would get with Capt. Marvins and most of the companies, but Ebanks Watersports also offers something unique in that you can book a Waverunner trip with them. You go on 3 waverunners or if you have less people that's fine too, they accomodate, and you go to stingray city and other reefs as well and see some incredible sea life with the snorkeling in each place. We would highly recommend them. You can contact them at 345-925-5273.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:01 PM

We were on the Triumph and did the Stingray Tour offered by the ship. We always recommend taking the "ship's" excurions rather than private because, once you pay with the ship,they know that you have gone and will wait if there is a problem. The thing about the Stingray tour is that the boat takes you a good 1/2 hour into the ocean to the sandbanks where the stinggrays hang out. If the boat were to break down or something (yes there are all kinds of other tours around there like 100 feet away from your boat) but if you were to encouter difficutly getting baCK, well Carnival would find out. Again, it is not like you are on land - heck you are 1/2 hour into the ocean on this tour. Stick to the ship's tour, yes it will costyou maybe an additional $20 us per person but it is safer. My son loved the experience of swimming with the stingrays. Brint an underwater camera.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:10 PM

Keep in mind you will pay more if you go with the ships excursion price. We alway book on line and save a lot of money. We use Captain Marvins stingray tours and really like it. You can check it out on their website... www.captainmarvins.com

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
ebankswatersportscom