Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2007, 02:56 PM

It is our first trip to St. Thomas and we were looking at doing and island tour/beach cobo with Sunny Liston Tours. I have read a lot about the different beaches but still have not made up my mind. Which Beach???
Please tell me which one to pick, Magens Bay, Sapphire Beach, or Coki. Heard great things about all 3. Which is less crowded? Which is best for families? We leave in 11 days.
Thanks

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-11-2007, 08:09 AM

29dawgs. My wife and I have been to Magens Bay and found it to be quite beautiful. It was on a Saturday in mid-December and it was not crowded at all. We are going back in less than two months and I think this time we may take the day trip to St. Johns Trunk Bay Beach just to try something different. Either way, I'm sure you will be happy with whatever you decide.

Hope this helps.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:26 AM

Sapphire is not crowded at all. Beautiful beach, but rocky entry into the water. Not much as far as ammenities. There is a hotel type gift shop where you can purchase canned beer or splits of wine. They had sodas and bottled water as well. Snorkeling is good as long as it's not too windy. Magens Bay, crowded, beautiful beach, great amenities, good snorkeling. Coki not as crowded as Magens but crowded, great amenities, good snorkeling. Trunk Bay-St. John, awesome beach, great snorkeling, good amenities. Best for families-all of them. Depending on ages of children, if they're real young, strike out Sapphire, they may get hurt on the rocks. Best wishes!
Old 10-11-2007, 01:48 PM

Thanks Wheels for the info and Thank You Penny for your answer. I was looking at hard at Sapphire but we have a 7 year old and may not want to go there now after what you said. I don't think we can go wrong with either Magens or Coki. Thanks agian.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:11 PM

Megan's Bay gets my vote for the best beach on St. Thomas. I will be cruising in Feb. making a stop in St. Thomas but since I haven't been to St. John's Trunk Bay for 3 or 4 years I think I'll go check out any changes that have been made there. Since I live in Ohio and cruise in the winter months, any beach beats the cold, snowy weather in Ohio!

Old 10-11-2007, 07:09 PM

Wow 29dawgs, you only have 10 days left until your trip...you lucky dawg!

You'll love St. Thomas and St. Maarten. If you're into snorkeling, I recommend the Pinal Island snorkeling trip in St. Maarten.

Have a great time!!!

Wheels

Old 10-12-2007, 08:37 AM

Thanks Wheels, we are very excited and can't wait to leave. We have cruised the Western Caribbean five times, but this is our first trip going East. Thanks for the heads up on the snoreling. Did you book this through the ship or a privite company?

Old 10-12-2007, 06:36 PM

We booked through the ship. I have never been adventurous enough to look elsewhere. We have always had good luck booking through the cruise line. Also, with as much money as each cruise costs, I figure I'm not too worried about saving $20 anyway. I am not, however, afraid to get on a taxi in a port to just go to the beach or something.

Only 9 days left for you. I must say that right now I am quite envious, although, on December 9th I'll be glad that I had to wait!

Take care,

Wheels

Old 10-31-2007, 02:36 PM

We've been to St. Thomas twice now, and haven't yet gone to Magen's Bay! NEXT TIME!!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, beaches, crowded, cruise, crusie, forum, good, magens, megan, port, review, reviews, sapphire, ship, st, thomas