Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2006, 11:26 AM

We go on Conquest from Galveston on 1/22 and will be in Montego Bay on 1/25. Does anyone have any suggestions, besides Sunset Beach, for things to do. I'm really apprehensive about this stop with all the bad things I've been reading. I would like to do some shopping, but hate the idea of the aggressive haggling! One of our group definitely wants to do Margaritaville. Any help from you guys would be appreciated.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:06 PM

Well, if you want a beach day and visit to Margaritaville, then I would take a taxi to Doctor's Beach (within walking distance of Margaritaville) and then visit Margaritaville. Shopping downtown is not as bad as you have heard. It is only bad if you respond with an arrogant/aggressive attitude. Jamaicans are wonderful people, but different than you. If you give them a little respect they will give you a lot.

If you want to tour Mo Bay for the day, I would suggest contacting Trevor Hudlin (trevorhudlin@hotmail.com) and have him put a tour together for you. He is great!

I hope that helps

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
bay, comments, cruise, jamacia, montego, resort, sunset, things