Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2007, 09:19 AM
There are so many I didn't want to make a poll and leave some out.

What is your favorite port? Why? What makes a port worth coming back to a second and third time?
Old 05-14-2007, 10:08 AM
Banned

My favorite port is Cozumel. It has special meaning to me because that was where my husband and I honeymooned 20 years ago.

I like the ease of arrival in port, along with the convenience of having car rentals, etc. at your fingertips at the pier. There isn't much congestion there either.

I enjoy the Cozumel residents and how they are always willing to help and always carry a smile.

I love the coziness of Cozumel and the beauty of Chankanaab National Park. To me, the coastline is breathtakingly beautiful. And, for that, I keep going back again and again.
A'ndrea
Old 05-14-2007, 10:50 AM

my favorite port of call is St Marteen. We really enjoyed the snorkling excursions there. We also love St Thomas shopping is great and we like Grand Cayman. Expensive but shopping was fun as well as the beaches
Old 05-14-2007, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by cupcake330:
my favorite port of call is St Marteen. We really enjoyed the snorkling excursions there. We also love St Thomas shopping is great and we like Grand Cayman. Expensive but shopping was fun as well as the beaches
Thanks for those, 2 of my favorites also.

Anyone else? I'm hoping to get at least 40 responses as I am a statistician and am doing a study about Caribbean ports vs Cruise Lines.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:26 PM

So far my favorite was Dominica with Barbados a close 2nd (hard to pick)

Dominica is still in its original state without the hotel/resort overrun. It is very quaint. Beautiful.

Barbados has the clearest water and the softest sand I have ever experienced (including a few trips to Hawaii).

But, if I had to pick, I would pick Dominica for its natural beauty. Looks a bit like Maui or the the Island of Hawaii.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 05-15-2007, 10:00 AM

Wow, that's a tough question, but I'd have to second Dominica. What a beautiful island, great snorkeling, and really friendly locals. Tortola, St. Lucia and St. John would run a dead even race for second.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:22 PM

Labadee is our favorite port.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by IBCRUZIN':
So far my favorite was Dominica with Barbados a close 2nd (hard to pick)

Dominica is still in its original state without the hotel/resort overrun. It is very quaint. Beautiful.

Barbados has the clearest water and the softest sand I have ever experienced (including a few trips to Hawaii).

But, if I had to pick, I would pick Dominica for its natural beauty. Looks a bit like Maui or the the Island of Hawaii.
I liked Barbados too. We took a bike hike from the highest point down to the ocean. Very nice. I haven't been to Dominica, sounds like my next cruise might have to include that one
Old 05-21-2007, 03:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Andrealovescruising:
My favorite port is Cozumel. It has special meaning to me because that was where my husband and I honeymooned 20 years ago.

I like the ease of arrival in port, along with the convenience of having car rentals, etc. at your fingertips at the pier. There isn't much congestion there either.

I enjoy the Cozumel residents and how they are always willing to help and always carry a smile.

I love the coziness of Cozumel and the beauty of Chankanaab National Park. To me, the coastline is breathtakingly beautiful. And, for that, I keep going back again and again.
A'ndrea
Isnt cozumel considered a mexican port?
Old 05-21-2007, 03:17 AM
Banned

I liked St thomas because you can ferry to other nearby islands as well

Closed Thread

Tags
besr, call, caribbean, caribean, carribean, cll, cruise, favorite, favotite, port, portchat, ports, royal, sauce, york