Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2006, 01:21 PM

Hey, we need advice on snorkling in Cozumel and/or Calica. Is there a beach near the boat docks where we can use our own equipment and be safe?
Old 05-24-2006, 06:57 AM

If Chanakaab Park is opened, it is near the pier (what's left of the pier). You can do a beach snorkel there. My favorite snorkel spot is Xel-ha, it is a beautiful snorkel. We did a swim with the dolphins in Chanakaab pre-hurricane which was awesome. Hope this helps.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:57 PM

Last march we cruised to Cozumel and chose the Xel-ha excursion because I knew that much of the shoreline of Cozumel was damaged. Xel-ha was fantastic. There's a big lagoon for snorkeling with lots of fish, a dolphin encounter that you can buy tickets for, or just watch the dolphins for free. There's trails and all kinds of other activities there as well.
10 years ago I snorkeled at Chanakaab Park and it was great. Hurricane Wilma did a tremendous amount of damage to the park and the beach area. They're working very hard to restore it, but I doubt that it is back to what it was (somebody correct me if I'm wrong).
Visit xel-ha's web site and see all they have to offer: http://www.xel-ha.com/

Have fun!!!!
Old 05-25-2006, 06:19 AM

The best snorkeling in Cozumel is by boat tour - you could check out the Fury Cozumel snorkeling tour or the Paradise Beach snorkel tour.

You can snorkel from the beach too, but will see less reef and coral that way...

Best wishes from Cozumel

Ian

Closed Thread

Tags
nassau, snorkling