Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2006, 04:04 PM

We are taking the island tour at 9 am that will go until like 1 pm. Any suggestions of things to do, like the beach for a family of 4
Old 06-09-2006, 02:39 PM

When will your ship leave St. Thomas?
Old 06-09-2006, 02:49 PM

What does the island tour give you? Where does it take you, what do you see and what do you do? I might be a bit jaded but to my way of thinking there really is no "sightseeing" on St Thomas. Shopping yes, sightseeing, no. You might be better off using the money you are spending on the tour to do a "sail/snorkel/swim" type of excursion or maybe one of the many "party boats".

Old 06-10-2006, 01:20 PM

thank you both. We took the island tour before and really enjoyed it. It has 10 stops including drinking banana daquaries as one of the stops. We are in st thomas until 11 pm
Old 06-12-2006, 08:30 AM

Maagen's Bay is a really nice beach. Since you're in port until 11pm, you might want to take the ferry over to St. John, $6/pp, take a taxi to Trunk Bay which I think was $4/pp then the entrance to the park/beach is $2/pp. It is a beautiful beach, warm crystal clear water, a self-guide beach snorkel. They have freah water showers, a snack bar, lockers, and a couple of shops (not cheap). The drive to/from the beach is really pretty as well. They usually stop for a couple of photo ops. I always say we'll just go to a beach on St. Thomas, but end up booking either a sail/snorkel or go to Trunk Bay. Have a wonderful time!!
Old 06-26-2006, 11:39 AM

How did you arrange this tour? Was it through the ship or privately?

Quote:
Originally posted by camper123:
thank you both. We took the island tour before and really enjoyed it. It has 10 stops including drinking banana daquaries as one of the stops. We are in st thomas until 11 pm
Old 06-26-2006, 11:40 AM

Did you get a taxi from the port? Did you arrange anything in advance?
Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
Maagen's Bay is a really nice beach. Since you're in port until 11pm, you might want to take the ferry over to St. John, $6/pp, take a taxi to Trunk Bay which I think was $4/pp then the entrance to the park/beach is $2/pp. It is a beautiful beach, warm crystal clear water, a self-guide beach snorkel. They have freah water showers, a snack bar, lockers, and a couple of shops (not cheap). The drive to/from the beach is really pretty as well. They usually stop for a couple of photo ops. I always say we'll just go to a beach on St. Thomas, but end up booking either a sail/snorkel or go to Trunk Bay. Have a wonderful time!!
Old 06-26-2006, 12:19 PM

The sail/snorkels we booked through the ship, but going to Trunk Bay we did on our own. We went to the ferry, which is near the ship, and bought our tickets for St. John. We caught the taxi as we got off the ferry in St. John. We got the same cab driver on the way back, he didn't charge us again. Then went to the dock and purchased the tickets for the ferry back. I believe they only opened the ticket counter about 20 minutes before the ferry sailed, but the time table was posted by the window. To go to Maagen's Bay, we just got a cab by the pier and have them drive us. I sure wish I could remember the name of the last catamaran we were on. It was a couple who lived on board that had moved down from the states. The cat was beautiful, she made us some homemade bread and sliced some apples. And the rum punch was great!! I looked through our scrapbook, but the name of the cat was not in any of our pictures. However, we've done a bunch of the sail/snorkels with different cats, and they've all been great. If I can help with anything else, please let me know. Best wishes!

Closed Thread