Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Administrator

We too were busted at Miami when we exited the Freedom last summer. I was stunned by the question. I mean, how does the half shells of long gone mollusks qualify as an animal? What about the souvenir refrigerator magnets one can get that use shells as ornaments? And since our baggage was downstairs from Customs we had to promise the officer that we'd dig out the shells and hand them to security at the baggage carousel. I suppose he could have been tougher about it. I gave them to a guard and told him what Customs told me. He probably tossed them in the trash. I actually have this fear that when I next re-enter the country (in a couple weeks) the officer will note a computer record of me as a seashell smuggler and give me the 3rd degree.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by goin' cruisin':
Don't be too sure about Customs and Homeland Security knowing what they are doing...
I think the whole border security thing has been the political football that nobody wants to deal with. If the generals, (so to speak) don't know how to handle the situation, how would the captains have any sense of direction or motivation?
Old 03-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Banned

Conversely, the generals are so far removed, the site captains, those in the trenches, should be the real experts. Your line staff are often the one's running the show, while management takes the credit for successes (no I'm not a disgruntled line staff; actually I'm in management and know where the majority of work is done-governmentally speaking, that is.). It just strikes me odd that the ... have not been heard of by those near the trenches.

Just my opinion, right or wrong.

Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, adventures, bahamas, closest, customer, long, mini, minisub, minisubs, nassau, port, review, reviews, subs, tour