Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2007, 04:18 PM

Ok...I have no idea what to do in Jamaica. I understand things can get uneasy there, and I would like to at least spend time on a beach. So I have a few questions: 1. How far away is Dr. Cove Beach? 2. Can I walk it or is it not safe to walk? 3. If I need to cab it...how much $? 4. Is there any other beaches that are safe and unharrassing? 5. Should I just stick with a beach shore excursion from the ship? Some of the family are nervous and say to stay on the ship. I however wish to spend time on the beach just for a few hours. I think I will avoid shopping here though. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:18 PM

Ok...I have no idea what to do in Jamaica. I understand things can get uneasy there, and I would like to at least spend time on a beach. So I have a few questions: 1. How far away is Dr. Cove Beach? 2. Can I walk it or is it not safe to walk? 3. If I need to cab it...how much $? 4. Is there any other beaches that are safe and unharrassing? 5. Should I just stick with a beach shore excursion from the ship? Some of the family are nervous and say to stay on the ship. I however wish to spend time on the beach just for a few hours. I think I will avoid shopping here though. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:38 PM
You do not say if you are going to Mo Bay or Ocho Rios. In Mo Bay we go to Sunset Beach. I love it and cannot say enough. Though it is probably less than a mile from the ship I would take a taxi. $2.00 per person and make arrangements for them to pick you up. We had a great driver! $40.00 per adult and $20.00 per child and all inclusive of food, drinks, activities. Great day in Jamiaca. Check out their website and watch the video. I believe it is www.sunsetbeachresort.com
Old 08-18-2007, 10:44 PM

Thanks SanDee for the advice. We are going to be in Montego Bay. I didnt know that you could do an all-inclusive at a beach. I will check it out.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:40 PM
Not all inclusives offer day passes to cruisers but Sunset Beach does and you will not be dissapointed. There were 13 of us. When we got off the ship we were asked where we were going and we told them. They offered us a van for $2.00pp each way. It was a new van and very nice. Our driver was an older man and very friendly. He gave us his card but no idea what I did with it. He offered to return to pick us up. We said 2pm and when we walked out there he was waiting! Some of my best memories are at Sunset Beach Resorts. Bring a 32 oz cup as they only supply 6 oz cups. By the time you get back to your chair yoy will need another. They have self serve soda machines. The bartenders will gladly fill up your 32 oz cups. The jerk chicken is wonderful. All the food at the snackbar was hot and fresh.

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, cab, cove, cruise, dr, drcove, excirsion, jamaica, ship