Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2006, 06:21 PM

Does anyone have suggestions for good excursions in Nassau? Anything I should avoid?
Anything I could do for free (eg. walking tour)? This will be my first time cruising.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:21 PM

Does anyone have suggestions for good excursions in Nassau? Anything I should avoid?
Anything I could do for free (eg. walking tour)? This will be my first time cruising.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:12 PM

Hi kj

Well I just returned from my 26th visit via cruise ship from Nassau and I had the best tour yet. I did not do a Cruise Line promoted tour but I got a taxi at the entrance. He was great. His name is Felix (like the cat) and he gave us a great tour of the island and of Paradise Island. That would be my recommendation to you. He is a tall skinny black man about 50 I would guess. Very polite, conciderate and informational. The tour lasted for almost 6 hours. I have done every tour on arranged from t he cruise lines and this was far better. Just tell him that a group of 4 that he took care of on 9/23/06 recommended him and so that he know who we are it was 1 guy and 3 women and one of the women had a power chair for transportation. When are you going there?

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 09-27-2006, 06:20 AM

My first time to Nassau I did the Blue Lagoon and is a memory of a lifetime. First time I saw the Water and first time to eat Jerk Chicken

It was many years ago and was not too crowded, and they had a reggae band and an open air lunch under roof with island food. The ride back was so much fun.

If you do go on your own over to Paradise Island take a taxi..Not a water taxi!

Closed Thread

Tags
avoid, cruise, excursion, excursions, line, nassau, port, suggestions