Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2007, 04:31 PM

My husband and I are taking our second cruise in July. We are going to Cozumel and have heard wonderful things about Passion Island. Can anyone tell me about Passion Island. Is it crowded? What do we need to bring and what do we expect? I know all tours are about five hours. Will we have a little time to do some shopping?
Thanks
Old 03-18-2007, 03:37 PM

My daughter and I went to Passion Island on an excursion with Princess Cruises. We drove jeeps for about 30 min. to a dock, then rode a boat for about 10 minutes to Passion Island. There were only probably between 25-50 people there...It was truly paradise! There was free Corona beer because this is where the commercials are shot. They have a mexican buffet to eat and there are tents set up for a massage (my daughter did this while I looked for shells) and for souvineers. We will remember this place forever--it was beautiful! We only stayed for 2 hours, I think. Let me know if you have other questions.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:07 PM

We did Passion Island in November 06. Booked it through the ship(Splendour of the Seas). While it was beautiful and the food was good. A nice buffet of grilled fish,chicken,fresh fruit,veggies, chips & salsa, guacamole ect. was served. As well as an open bar. It just seemed that by the time we got there, we only spent a couple of hours. I believe the price was 69.00 pp. We took a air-conditioned bus to the pier and then took Titantic 2, to the island. Our guide (can't remember his name) knew quite a bit about the island and had a witty sense of humor.

The weather was a bit windy and the seas were pretty rough for most of the time, but the temp was well into the upper 70's. I believe a cold front has come through the day before, thus for the rolling waters and cooler temps.

Would I take this tour again? Maybe. We just felt that for the amount of time we were given, it just wasn't worth the extra $$.

Hope this helps!

~gina~
Old 04-06-2007, 10:59 AM

I've heard from many on this board and another, that Passion Island was great. As for us, we went a month after that Hurricaine in Jan '06. It didn't look too good then. I'm sure it's better now. I don't think I'd go again, but there was a couple on our excursion there that came there before. They were so exited on the way there, telling us that they booked the cruise just so they could go back to Passion Island. They went on and on how gorgeous it was. They might have been embarrased when we got there, because it looked horrible.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:27 AM
Banned

Free beer huh? Sounds like a cool place. What itinerary carries passion island, just normal cosumel?
Old 04-07-2007, 12:05 PM
Administrator

Only ships going to Cozumel offer the Passion Island tour. The bar is included in the price of the tour. It isn't an especially good bar. Stick with the beer.

And I agree that the tour isn't really long enough after you take away the transit time, and the briefing you get once you arrive at the island.

Closed Thread

Tags
beer, island, jeep, location, november, passion, passions, reviews, things, tour