Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2003, 02:56 PM

My husband and I are sailing on the Celebrity Century the end of September and Nassau is one of our last stops. Has anyone done the Dolphin Encounter Shore Excursion? Is it worth the money? I just wondered if anyone had a good/bad experience. Thanks!
Old 07-16-2003, 02:56 PM

My husband and I are sailing on the Celebrity Century the end of September and Nassau is one of our last stops. Has anyone done the Dolphin Encounter Shore Excursion? Is it worth the money? I just wondered if anyone had a good/bad experience. Thanks!
Old 07-20-2003, 03:46 PM

I didnt do the dolphin encounter, but wish i would have. We were told you would only be able to see the dolphins... but when we walked by every group was in the water with them. They were being pushed on their feet by them, throughout the little area. Looked pretty cool to me.
Old 07-20-2003, 09:24 PM

With some futher research I discovered that the Dolphin Encounter at the Blue Lagoon in Nassau is very different that the Dolphin Swim. The Dolphin Encounter is about 30 people and you are in waist-high water and I am guessing have 5 - 10 minutes with the dolphin. The Dolphin Swim cannot be booked through the cruise lines and is about 10 people actually swimming with the Dolphins. You get a full 30 minutes out in the reef with the Dolphins and it sounds like you definatley get more interaction for your money. On the web site the suggest you make the reservation for the Dolphin Swim 3 - 6 months in advance.

Closed Thread

Tags
blue, booking, cruise, directly, dolphin, encounter, encouter, excursion, excursions, experience, lagoon, money, nassau, reviews, shore, worth