Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Banned

Ronnie, that's so true. My husband has been around the world on business (Hong Kong, Singapore and Russia to name a few) and he says the same thing. Except for the weather, it's like being in "Any Mall USA". In Mazatlan last month, we were standing on our balcony only to look out to town and see a HUGE Walmart sign staring at us. At the El Cid Resort, towering high above all of the large buildings was one overpowering McDonalds sign. Very funny.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie1a:
There is a large shopping area on the waterfront but they are all upscale chain stores. Except for the weather you would swear you are in a US shopping center.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE STORES THAT ARE IN THIS MALL AND WHAT ARE THE PRICES COMPARED TO U.S. I will be traveling to Cozumel next week with two teenage girls and the highlight of the cruise, for them, will probably be the few hours we spend shopping in Cozumel. Does anyone know if they sell real and or fake purses anywhere, and the prices. If anyone know of anything else the Teens would be interested in, any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Banned

Can't wait to cruise, if you are referring to knock-off LV's, Chanel, Prada or Coach, the answer is no. Foreign countries are not into them like the women in the U.S. are(especially in NYC where you can buy them on the street). For instance, you may find a "look alike" purse without the LV's stamped on it. But, that's about it. You and everybody else will know right away it's a fake. There are huge crack downs everywhere now with counterfeiting and the people responsible for replicating them are trying to get around it by not putting characteristics on purses that resemble an authentic piece.
In Cozumel you're going to find mexican wares: pottery, silver items, t-shirts, trinkets, toys, hammock chairs, shell jewelry, mexican blankets, hair braiding, etc. There is plenty of shopping to do. My 17 year old daughter seems to always like shopping here. She usually gets a tank top with Cozumel on it and usually a pair of sweats or shorts with Cozumel written over the back end area. They will not be disappointed. There is something for everyone.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:18 PM
Banned

Forgot to add, barter in Cozumel for the best pricing. We have always been treated fairly in Cozumel. You will find pretty much the same items between vendors. If you feel one vendor is high or won't barter with you, go onto the next and work a deal.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:35 PM

Thanks, for the reply. We are planning on going to Paradise Beach, when we get off the boat and spending 3/4 of our time there. I think 2-3 hour spent shopping will be enough. But I was wondering about the "name brand" stuff I read about. I knew if they saw lots of it, we'd miss the ship.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:53 PM
Banned

CWTC... We last visited Cozumel last year and we didn't see any knock-off purses. Believe me, 2 hours shopping in Cozumel is plenty. How many mexican blankets can you buy? If you buy silver, make sure it's stamped .925 somewhere on the inside of the piece. Your girls will have fun. There are plenty of "chochkeys" to buy in Cozumel. BTW... we bought a hammock chair there for $20 U.S. dollars. I have 2 more in my basement waiting to be used when our first one breaks. I LIVE IN THAT IN THE SUMMER. The locals weave them (polyester lasts longer than the cotton). Family members have me bringing them back now. They cost a fortune here. It was the best purchase I ever made in Mexico. Have a fun time in Cozumel. It's a beautiful port.

Closed Thread

Tags
brand, cozemel, cozumel, cruise, fake, knock, knockoffs, mexico, port, purse, purses, reviews, shopping, shops, watches