Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 08:17 AM
FIRST THIS IS NOT, IN ANYWAY,
CARNIVAL RESPONSIBILITY AND THIS SITUATION IS MOSTLY A SAD STORY WITH A BAD ENDING.

saying that
here is the situation:

WOW I was on the carnival Victory last week
I can only say this took me by surprise
here is the deal a tourist a little girl celebrating her "quince" from Aguada Puerto Rico took a cruise in carnival victory during the time they were in st Thomas some rival bands decide to start shooting without any concern
Sadly killing the little girl in the process

HERE

I feel sorry for her family I can only hope God give them strenght for this situation...
Old 07-13-2010, 08:35 AM

That is very sad. I'm sure ALL cruise lines will be monitoring the situation to ensure the safety of their passengers, and make adjustments to itineraries if needed. Meanwhile, Here is where anyone can check to see if the State Department has put out any Travel Alerts or Warnings. You can then make your travel plans accordingly.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:38 AM

Oh Lawdy! This is an awful thing to happen. Is St. Thomas turning into the wild west? It's one of my favorite islands. I feel terrible for her family and pray God will give them strength too.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:09 AM

Update via Carnival concerning this. All Coki Beach area Shore Excursions have been suspended with this one being the only one left, and it will be suspended as well.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:48 AM

Thank you for sharing this with us, Cas. Even though it is horrible, it is good to be aware of these activities. My prayers are with the family, what a senseless, ridiculous act of violence.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:48 PM

We were also there, with Casanova (whom we did not meet), last week and this is one of my favorite islands. We have always felt safe in St. Thomas. This is not the cruise lines fault. Please still take this cruise. It was aa great cruise!
Old 07-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Banned

So sad....

we have been to St Thomas many times. Walked all the way from Havensight to downtown without a care....

I am more interested in seeing what St Thomas is going to do about it....

Btw, be careful in St Maarten as well....not as deadly, but when we were there last May a guy ran past a lady and snatched her purse...right in broad daylight on the main street...with 100's of people around him.

I always use my Samsonite Travel purse that goes across my body and is "cut proof"....

it is a shame that a person can not enjoy their "vacation state of mind"....
Old 07-14-2010, 08:02 PM

I walked from Havensight to K-mart once without any trouble. I forgot my dress slacks. That was several years ago though. I hope they get this situation under control. I read they are scrambling now after this tragedy. The only relation to Carnival this has is the girl came to the island aboard the Victory. It could have just as easily been another cruise line or someone staying at one of the resorts.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:28 PM

I would also like to extend by prayers for the little girl killed in the process. Really sad and terrifying. Plan your travel with trusted travel company, as this is set back in travel industry. Passengers safety and timely arrangement of itineraries should be at top priority.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:40 AM
I just heasrd on the news that carnival and other cruiselines are considering to pull out of St Thomas because the crime rate against cruise passengers are climbing.. Has anyone else heard this?

Read and post cruise reviews

Tags
american, carnival, costa, cruise, forum, incident, jan, kills, military, port, rica, robber, ships, st, thomas