Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2007, 09:20 AM

We are going to Belize, Cozumel, Costa maya and Nassau. What are the "best buys" in each port? I am really interested in buying a pearl necklace..Are any of these ports of call good for jewelry buying?
Thanks!
Dee
Old 04-14-2007, 09:31 AM
Banned

Hi Dee. You can purchase fresh water pearls in Belize and Cozumel. If you are looking for Mikimoto pearls or "better quality", you will find them at Diamond's International and at other endorsed cruise line merchants. I would strongly advise doing some homework and check out prices on-line and at your local jeweler for price comparison sake. That way you will know if you are getting a better deal overseas or in your own backyard.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:34 AM
Banned

Some beach, I find you very offensive and your posts are VERY improper. I feel that it's time for your nonsense to stop and for you to be reported. This is an intelligent site for cruisers. Enough !
Old 04-14-2007, 10:16 AM
Administrator

"Some beach" - your post has been deleted for being offensive. I see Raoul recently warned you, and now I am doing the same. Posts which are offensive, insulting, or otherwise improper are against the forum rules.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:48 AM

Hello everybody,

evidence shows that "some beach" is the recently banned user "raffles" with a new nickname.

This individual has now been banned, once more.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 04-14-2007, 10:54 AM
Banned

Dear Raoul and Dave,
Thank you both for your immediate attention in this matter. Funny how one's thoughtlessness can ruin an intelligent, productive site. Now, back to what the majority of us are here for.... cruise talk. Good Day! A'ndrea
Old 04-14-2007, 11:40 AM
Banned

Hi again Dbug. Back to intelligent conversation. If you like sterling silver, then Mexico is the place to buy it. Make sure you barter with the locals on everything. I buy myself and my 2 daughters rings, bracelets and necklaces. Always make sure that the SS is stamped such and states .925. You cannot beat the prices on silver in the mexican ports of call. Most silver in the world is produced in Taxco, Mexico and you will be hard pressed to find it cheaper anywhere else you travel. Cozumel is also where my husband and I buy our hammock chairs, which I live in on my deck in the summer. Cozumel - $20.00, home - $120.00. Cozumel is home to pottery, mexican blankets, oils, spices, hot sauces, woven baskets, henna tattoos, hair braiding, t-shirts, hats, sarongs, Corona beer products. The list goes on and on. The one constant that I always do everywhere we have ever traveled to is... I always purchase a Christmas ornament from that country. When I get home I will put the year and ship name on the bottom of the ornament. It's a special memory for our family when we look at our tree every year. Hope this helps you a little. A'ndrea
Old 04-15-2007, 12:56 PM

When we were in Cozymel a little over 3 years ago, we purchased a big bottle of vanilla. It is delicious! We still have quite a bit left. We also purchased several bottles for friends and family - it was a great gift!

Read and post cruise reviews
Carnival Glory 4/2007
Carnival Conquest 2/2004

Closed Thread

Tags
buy, buys, costa, cozumel, maya, mikimoto, nassau, pearls, port