Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2007, 05:51 PM

Got some input from SanDee and now I would love to here some other views of the place. We have about 13 of us going and 4 of them are children ages 11 months, 4,9,and 12.Some of the group really wants to go.What experiences can you all tell me about your visit there? Thanks!
Old 08-13-2007, 05:51 PM

Got some input from SanDee and now I would love to here some other views of the place. We have about 13 of us going and 4 of them are children ages 11 months, 4,9,and 12.Some of the group really wants to go.What experiences can you all tell me about your visit there? Thanks!
Old 08-15-2007, 07:56 PM

It was very expensive ... the slide is the best thing along with the doorman that will get you a taxi if you want to go somewhere else ... I didn't see any children when we were there ... it is pretty noisy and I don't think I would take my 11 mo old grandson there nor my 5 year old grandson ... I would probably go to Sunset beach with the kids ...
Old 08-15-2007, 08:39 PM

Hello livetotravel,

I kind of agree with BJC123. I don't recall seeing any children there either. You can go there and check it out. If you don't like it, you can always leave. Here are the pictures I took while there in October if you care to look at them. MARGARITAVILLE, MONTEGO BAY
Hope this helps...

Sonny
Old 08-15-2007, 08:49 PM

Thankyou for your input guys.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:24 PM

What about a 16 year old? Will it be okay to take them there?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-16-2007, 06:45 PM
Banned

Yes, a 16 year old should be fine there.

A'ndrea
Old 08-18-2007, 09:24 PM

Hi all,

I was at Mvill-MoBay twice, most recently Nov 2006. Wish I had brought my swimsuit on that day. The water toys and people in the water looked to be having lotsa fun. Food is OK and waiters can be engaging. Several cab drivers surrounded me and told me that the fare was set by the city or some crap like that. Having been to both Ocho Rios and MBay once or twice per year for the past 15 years, I realize that economics have made tourism what it is on that beautiful island.

Note: cab fare to MVille was cheap. Cab fare back to the ship was quoted as several times the cost to GET THERE. If you take a cab in Jamaica, it is best to book 'round trip' or call it a 'tour'. Then agree on the price and do not pay until you are returned to your ship. Believe me, we have been ripped off several times. Another hint when booking a cab for a "round trip" or "tour" [they really seem to like a cab ride to be called a tour-makes points] tell them you do not want to see the straw market. Having been to the straw market and felt very uncomfortable with the strong 'marketing'. I simply tell my cab driver, err 'tour guide' that I have been to the straw market several times and while it was nice I am anxious to see something new on their beautiful island. That way I feel I portray a respectful tourist and the tour driver is not insulted.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:59 PM

Hello Marne the Cruisin'fool,

Welcome to Cruise-Chat and thanks for the informative reply.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
margaritta, port, ville