Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2007, 11:29 AM

Hello!
My husband and I will be traveling on Caribbean Princess and one of the stops is St. Martin and I have heard some people using Shoretrips instead of booking online and was wondering if this is reputable place and worth the savings that they offer.

Also, does anyone know in Princess Cayes if you can rent Waverunners, I have read about other nonmotorized things but was wondering about Waverunners. Thank you very much!
Old 02-07-2007, 08:38 AM

I am shoretrips.com's biggest fan. We have used them several times. I am a nervous traveler and always booked through the ship (they will wait for me if something goes wrong, etc.) but was forced into booking a dolphin swim through shoretrips a few years ago after repeated cruises of the ship's offering being full. We had 6 people in our group, two trainers and two dolphins for an hour! We saw our ship's groups there (this was Cozumel, pre Wilma) and there must have been 20 people and not nearly the interaction. We were sold. Have also used snorkeling tours from them (we had an amazing Cat with a bathroom and gear in good shape with only 13 people on board and we got to watch groups of 150 from the ship doing our same dives--and believe me 150 people all trying to see a stingray did not look fun), and a horseback tour that was only our family of 4. I am not sure if we saved any $$ or not, but the quality of the tour was so much better in our experience. Call their 800 number if you have questions, I was told they have insurance if a tour vender they utilize breaks down or some such and you miss the ship (which they haven't had happen yet, I am told). Good luck with them. They have been great for me--we booked through them for our cruise in March. Laurie
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
agent, booking, excursion, excursions, review, shore, shoretrips, trips