Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2007, 07:06 AM

Any must dos for Turks and Caicos? We will be in port in Oct 2007 on the Zuiderdam. My wife and i are in our late 40s, She can't handle anything really strenuous- recovering from chemo and radiation treatments
Old 07-05-2007, 05:50 AM
Banned

Hello gss.

Assuming your port is Grand Turk, take a look at the link for shore excursions. It is a developing port and they say that there will be more added. We will be there in November.

Enjoy your cruise and come back and let us know what you thought of the port and what you did. In the link, click on shore excursions to see what is available.

Grand Turk
Old 07-05-2007, 07:15 AM

That link is great. Many thanks for the help.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:58 PM
Any info on the Island Bus Tour? Opinions, etc.

Past Cruises:
CCL Triumph 7/07
CCL Glory 1/10
CCL Valor 1/11
Old 07-06-2007, 05:00 AM
I've been to Grand Turk once, we were the second ship to dock at the new port facility there. I did the helmet dive and had a lot of fun.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 07-06-2007, 03:31 PM
We were there the same time last year. It was pretty humid - we took a taxi into the town to do some exploring and it was too humid for us desert rats. There's not much there - a small museum which was $10pp - so we skipped it. The cab was $5 each to town and $5 each to get back to the pier. There's a Margarittaville bar & restaurant with a pool at the pier and some shops. There is a beach right at the pier, and another beach a few miles up the shore which is offered with an excursion. Tablemates did the bus tour and said it was interesting, but . . . the island is small, not yet developed and most things are geared to water activities. Margarittaville was packed with folks from the ship, the beach was quiet. If your wife isn't up to snorkeling or diving - the bus ride might be the ticket...
Old 07-07-2007, 08:46 AM

Is there any shelter available on the beach? I need an area or enclosure so my wife can rest in the shade from time to time
Old 07-07-2007, 01:20 PM
I had to get my pictures out - - - we took a shot from the ship looking back to the pier. It looks like there are some "clam shell" shelters on the beach, scattered among the loung chairs. There is shade at the pool at Margaritaville. Check with either the excursions desk or the front desk to see what the status of the shelters on the beach is... whether they are rented or just there for the choosin'.
gss - we met a lot of folks from the Carolinas, Georgia & Florida on our cruise - perfect location for being able to "hop a ship". Being landlocked on the west coast really limits our ability to sail as often as we would like. This was a really nice cruise -
Old 07-07-2007, 03:10 PM

After we get all our resrvation info I'll see if we can book a clamshell in advance. Both of us are looking forward to a great time
Old 07-17-2007, 08:20 PM

Gss That intinerary on the Zuiderdam is a fantastic one. I'm going to hopefully book this one soon. We really love Half Moon Cay, you're going to love it. They also have Clam Shells there for rent through HAL. Haven't been to Turks and Caicos yet.

Closed Thread

Tags
caicos, carnival, cruise, cruises, customer, excursion, excursions, grand, reviews, scott, shore, taylor, turk, turks, turkscaicos