Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2006, 10:04 AM

I have booked the Crown Princess on her repo cruise from NYC to San Juan. We are stopping in St. Kitts, Antigua and Dominica. Somehow there are three islands I seem to have missed in all my Caribbean cruises.

Does anyone have any suggestions of tours, things to do, places to get a great lunch, highlights, etc. on any of them? I am in my upper 30's so still young enough that sitting on an air conditioned bus all day long while be shuttled from here to there for a quick picture does not appeal to me. There are 6 of us going and we all are active.

Thanks for any help/advice you can offer!

Caribbean Travel Articles
Old 05-03-2006, 10:04 AM

I have booked the Crown Princess on her repo cruise from NYC to San Juan. We are stopping in St. Kitts, Antigua and Dominica. Somehow there are three islands I seem to have missed in all my Caribbean cruises.

Does anyone have any suggestions of tours, things to do, places to get a great lunch, highlights, etc. on any of them? I am in my upper 30's so still young enough that sitting on an air conditioned bus all day long while be shuttled from here to there for a quick picture does not appeal to me. There are 6 of us going and we all are active.

Caribbean Travel Articles
Old 05-03-2006, 11:19 AM

The last time we were in St. Kitts, we did a sail/snorkel excursion that was a blast. The previous time, we did an excursion to a Batique (sp?) factory and a fort. I prefered the sail/snorkel, but watching them make the batique was really interesting. In Dominica, the Champagne Beach catamaran snorkel is awesome!! You snorkel over vents from a volcano which makes the water look like you're swimming in a glass of champagne, it is truly the best snorkel I've been on in the Caribbean (yet). We also went to Emerald falls, the trek to the falls is a pretty rigorous one. We're in our 50s, so you should have no trouble with it. We haven't been to Antigua yet, we're going in October. I've been researching on the web and it definitely sounds like a place to go snorkeling. It looks like you'll be on your cruise close to the same time we're on the Sun Princess. We sail October 21 for 10 days. We're really into snorkeling/sailing, so I'm looking forward to Antigua. They advertise 365 beaches. Hope this helps and have a wonderful time on the brand new ship!!
Old 07-18-2006, 11:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by barbarah33:

Congratulations on your upcoming cruise. I gather from your post that you are an adventurous person, so if you enjoy the outdoors and like horses, this should suit your needs well. Trinity Apartment Inns & Tours has a horse back riding tour which is awesome. I did not do it, but some of my friends did and enjoyed it immensely. Here is there contact info: trinity@caribsurf.com.

In Dominica, you can do snorkeling at Champagne Bay like penny3333 said. It can also be done using a local operator, but the shore is very rocky. You can also do the Emerald Pool & Trafalgar Falls combo tour with Fredos Best of Dominica Tour or you can do the hike to the Boeri Lake. However, if you are doing the hike, there is not much else you can add to that. You can contact Fredos at fredos40@hotmail.com for more info. As for lunch, you can to "Pearls Cuisine" for some tasty local cuising.

I cannot tell you much about Antigua. Although I have been there, it was quite some time ago.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:07 PM

While you are in St. Kitts I highly recommend you tour the island and visit Brimstone Hill, Romney Manor and if you have time the southeast peninsula.

Contact Thenford Grey at thenang06@yahoo.com. He is a knowledgeable and friendly guide.

A website you might find helpful is www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com

Closed Thread

Tags
antigua, chat, cruise, cruises, dominica, friends, highlights, island, kitts, review, reviews, ship, st, stop, tour, trip