Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2007, 06:55 AM

Hi There, we are off to do the western Carribean cruise with Carnival out of galveston going to Montego Bay, Grand Caymen and Cozumel. I have visited all three on land based vacation but not off ships, here goes

1) Montego Bay Tender? or dock? What should a cab cost to Dr Cave beach? Anyone recommend the YS falls? with Barrett tours?

2) Grand Caymen Tender? or Dock? Best snorkelling trip? to include Stingray city but also other areas with some beach time either at 7 mile or rum point?

3) Cozumel Tender or Dock? Best snorkelling trip? best beach?

Thanks
Old 05-15-2007, 09:35 AM

Montego Bay-no tender. We did a tour through the ship. I would not go out on my own in this port, Jamaica is a beautiful island, but stay with a tour group. Grand Cayman-tender. Stingray city is great, I personally love 7 mile beach, but others say it is too crowded and rum point is better. We did a couple of snorkels near where you tender that were good. Cozumel-depends on how many ships are in port on whether you will tender. My favorite excursion was the swim with the dolphins in Chankanaab Park-but this was pre-hurricane. I also loved Xel-ha and the Tulum ruins, which we did through the ship. It was a half day at each place. Hope this helps a little.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:26 PM

We did the Tulum/Xel-ha tour a few years ago & in my opinion you don't get enough time at Xel-Ha to really explore & enjoy it like you should. We went to just Xel-ha last Nov. and spent the day there and it was so much better. The ruins are beautiful but should be seen separate. My opinion of course..

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-15-2007, 02:54 PM

Cozumel is dock. Snorkeling is still great despite the storms. Just not as big a reef. The Catamaran snorkeling trip is still the best, but the dolphin encounter and helmet dive are great too.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Banned

Chankanaab National Park/Cozumel.

Closed Thread

Tags
bay, beach, carnival, cruise, dock, matily, montego, port, sc, tender