Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2008, 10:43 AM

Hi everybody

My husband and I are leaving for our first cruise in 4 days! Can't believe it's here already!

We'll be travleing with another couple and I have a question about the shore excursions. We are traveling on Enchantment of the Seas, treated ourselves to balcony rooms and will be spending 1 day in Grand Cayman and another in Cozumel. I have some mobility problems...seems my knees don't realize they're as young as I am

We'd like to spend those days on shore relaxing. I am thinking that the Boatswain's Beach/Park excursion in Grand Cayman and the Passion Island excursion in Cozumel look lovely.

Have any of you experienced either of these locations? If so, what did you think of them? Remember, I'm not looking for high adventure...just a lovely day relaxing in the Caribbean.

Thanks in advance for your responses...

Susanne

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-16-2008, 11:04 AM

Hi cb977, welcome to Cruise-Chat. My favorite beach in Grand Cayman is 7 mile beach, but the tour you booked sounds great. I haven't been to that one. We considered Passion Island, but went with Paradise Beach in Cozumel in January. In July we went to the Cozumel Beach Resort and were really pleased with that. Passion has received very good reviews. Here's wishing for perfect weather and calm seas. We just returned from a 3 day and had picture perfect weather. Best wishes, and once again, welcome aboard! Bon Voyage
Old 09-16-2008, 11:09 AM

Thanks Penny

Old 09-23-2008, 04:04 PM
If anyone has been to passion Island I would love to hear how it went, and Susanne, Im going the week after you so any info would be much appreciated!

thanks
Old 09-26-2008, 06:27 AM

We loved Passion Island! It is gorgeous and we were lucky enough to be the only cruise ship there on that day. There were 44 of us and had the whole island to ourselves!

The "open bar" was a bit of a disappointment...they have pre-mixed Margaritas and Sex On The Beach but there's hardly any alcohol in them. They have a separate tiki bar set up on the beach so we were buying shots to add to the open bar drinks.

It's a 40 minute air-conditioned bus ride to the pier where a small boat picks you up for the 10 minute ride to the island.

Be careful about the shopping on Passion Island. They'll tell you that they have better prices than on downtown, which is right at the pier. My friend wanted a large lizard plaque. The guy told her $129.00, she offered him $50 and he agreed. When we got back to the pier, they had the same exact thing for $36.
The prices at the pier are better

We enjoyed our day there, it's really beautiful

Have fun...enjoy your cruise! We certainly did! The service on the Enchantment of the Seas was outstanding! We're already planning our next cruise...we're hooked!

Old 09-29-2008, 04:21 AM
thanks for your reply! Are there any shops selling nice handbags and wallets etc?!! have you been to 7 mile beach heard thats nice too - any tips greatly appreciated we're going this weekend cant wait!
Old 09-29-2008, 04:33 AM
oh and can you please let me know how the weather was while you were away!!

thank you
Old 09-29-2008, 05:13 AM

Georgetown, Grand Cayman is full of shops selling all kinds of stuff This port has rather shallow water so you'll be brought to the shore by tender, once you're there you'll be surrounded by places to shop.

The ship docks at Cozumel, which is a much nicer experience and there's a huge mall-type area with plenty of shops selling leather goods and LOTS of silver jewelry.

We had glorious weather throughout the trip. On the way back to Ft Lauderdale from Mexico, we did hit a storm during the night but the folks running that ship hit the gas and got us through it quickly

You must be SO excited! I know I was!!!

Old 09-29-2008, 05:21 AM
sounds brilliant Im more excited now!! and at night walking around the ship I presume it gets quite cold/ we went mediterrean last year and its our first time to the caribbean!
Old 09-29-2008, 06:13 AM

Hmmm...I don't know if one week will make much difference in the weather but we were up on deck every night and never once felt chilly. I even brought a long-sleeved shirt with me in case there were areas of the ship that were too air-conditioned but I never even unfolded it!

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts once you return.

You're going to have a lovely time

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, beaches, cayman, caymans, cozumel, cruise, excursion, georgetown, grand, island, january, passion, public, resort, resorts, reviews, weather