Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2006, 05:25 AM

I think we are going to wait before we book, to determine what the weather will be like. It seems there is so much to do. We are having a small reunion, just myself and husband (late thirties) My daughter and her husband (mid twenties) and my son who will be 17. Any suggestions on excursions or past experiences you would like to share.
Thanks,
Rhonda
Old 07-12-2006, 06:33 AM

We were in Cozumel pre-hurricane and did a wonderful swim with the dolphins at Chanakaab (sp?) Park. It was totally awesome. The ruins at Telhum are interesting (if it's not in the summer months-gets really hot there). And Xel Ha is wonderful for watersports, the snorkeling is wonderful. Fat Tuesdays has great margs. The shopping is good. Hope this helps.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:55 PM

Rhonda, we were in Cozumel in Dec 05. Included in our group were our grown children ages 28 - 34 and grandchildren ages 3-6. We went on the jeep and snorkel excursion (my husband and I had taken the jeep previously on another trip). Over 21 with a license can drive the jeep. It really is an off road trip and everyone loved it. You drive thru Cozumel out of town and off road and end it with a beach picnic provided. Lots of fun. Hope you have a great time, whatever you choose to do.

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 07-21-2006, 02:01 PM

Going to have to agree with Penny, Tulum Ruins & Beach are totally awesome, just beautiful. Xel Ha is great too, not sure which I'd pick though. Don't to Passion Island (The island where they film the Corona Beer commercials. Was there recently in Jan, and it looked wasted from the Hurricane. Someone else said it looked great now, but very skeptical about that.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:53 PM

Not much to do in Coz., other than water sports.. do any of you dive? my wife and i go to coz alot (me more frequently than her, she does not dive), But there is a great little beach club on one end of the island that is alot of fun... Playa mia i believe it's called.. the heat is going to be almost unbearable in august, and the shopping in the square is o.k., fat tuesday's and tourist stuff, lot's of sivler jewelry, always talk them down. my wife takes any newbies we bring with us on the atlantis submarine boat which dives to a depth of 100', and is much cheaper to book directly vs. the boat excursion.... Chankaanaab park is a option.... i have a ton of web sites and info if your interested.... e-me at jebad22@msn.com
Old 07-26-2006, 08:07 AM

Hi all

Sorry, but I have to disagree with jebad's comment that there is "not much to do in Coz other than watersports"... that simply isn't true! There are at least 50 shore excursions, not to mention lots of beaches and other attractions.

I recommend www.cozumelinsider.com for more info on tours. Or this site for Cozumel Mexico vacation information and news.

Playa Mia is a beach club in the south of Cozumel, but it is the largest and most commercial, so I'm not sure if it is the one you meant?

Best wishes from Cozumel

Ian

Closed Thread

Tags
belize, costa, costamaya, costamayarhonoexcursion, cozumel, cruise, excursion, excursions, maya, overweight, review, reviews, shore