Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2006, 04:37 PM

I've been told to not drink the water in cozumel. Is that true? And also, where are the safe places to eat? Also everyones recomendations are welcomed.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:00 PM

Not sure about the water issue in Cozumel but two places that i have eatten while in Cozumel are Senior Frogs and Carlos and Charles. They are in the same building with senior frogs at the top with a great view of the road and coast. They are in down town cozumel. I like Cozumel been there three times. enjoy.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:00 PM

Yes, they have changed C&C's a bit to include Senor Frog's. I usually avoid the water just because have always been told so. Doesn't mean that still holds water..no pun intended.

Another decent place to eat is Pancho's Backyard. I like Cozumel too.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:41 PM

I understand that there have been major improvements in the water recently, but after having gotten VERY VERY sick multiple times, I never risk it any more. Maybe just my sensitive stomach, don't know, but trust me "tourista" is no fun at all and ruins at least a couple of days even with meds from the ship's doc.

Dream Resorts: All Inclusive
Old 11-26-2006, 05:49 AM

What about drinking alcohol during excursions?? If Margaritas are included....I prefer mine on the rocks...I've heard to even stay away from the ice.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:53 AM
I think most restaurants now use filtered water.
They would not want to risk losing customers.
I drink bottled water while ashore or buy from reputable eating places ...don't buy from street vendors.
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 11-26-2006, 03:34 PM

Thanks guys! I will be very cautious about the water. You start watching discovery channel about the viruses they encounter when on vacations and you start to get worried. 1 week left guys! Those two restaurants sound great. I will look them up on the internet and check the websites for the menus.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:51 AM

YES! Stay away from the water & ice! Some friends of mine got really sick in Cozumel just from the ice! They call it Montezuma's Revenge!

Closed Thread