Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2006, 01:31 AM

First Cruise - We sort of had a good idea of what we might choose to do but then Carnival changed the available excursions for 2007.

Sooo anyone have any recomendations for Dominica, Barbados, St.Lucia and Antigua?

For St.Thomas we have been thoroughly convinced to visit Trunk Bay and hopefully we can fit in a bit of shopping.

For Antigua we are considering the Kayak & Snorkel Eco Adventure...

Thanks!
Old 11-09-2006, 10:53 AM

In Dominica, I highly recommend the Champagne beach/reef snorkel. It is awesome. You snorkel over a volcano vent, great reef, awesome fish. You can feel the water temperature change and with the bubbles in the water, it honestly looks like you're in a glass of champagne. The water was incredibly clear. We're booked on the Emerald for next year, and Dominica was one of the reasons I chose that cruise. I am so excited to be going back there. We've done the snorkel the 2 other times we were there as well. I never get tired of it, because there's always something new to see. I've seen octopus, squid, lobsters, and all kinds of beautiful reef fish. We just returned from St. Lucia and went to Pigeon Island. Princess offered a pirate ship tour that moored there for about an hour and included the admission to Pigeon Island. We took a cab there. It was $30/pp each way and $10/pp for admission. The snorkeling wasn't that great, but the water was. And the scenery was wonderful as well. I work with 2 people who are from St. Lucia, they both told me the snorkeling was better to the south, in Anse Cochon or Anse Chastenet. I cannot give you a first hand review on them, but maybe someone else can. In Barbados, we always do the Tiami sail/snorkel. The crews have been top notch and always helpful. We have taken them 6 times. If you like spicy foods, try the bajan pepper sauce. It's really yummy, and has quite a bit of heat to it. We've also had some great lunches aboard the catamaran and good rum punch as well. On a couple of excursions we've taken with them we received mimosas before boarding. Hope this helps a little. Have a wonderful cruisse!!
Old 11-09-2006, 10:56 AM

Also, in Dominica, the first time we were there we went the the falls and the emerald pool. If you're into hiking, that's fun tour as well. We just had a local cab driver take us to Champagne beach first, he came and picked us up around 1pm and took us to the falls and the emerald pool. He charged us $40 for the day.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:28 PM

Thanks Penny,

Actually the Champagne Snorkel is what we were thinking of booking but I don't see it available for 2007...

Closed Thread