Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 10:55 AM

Hello:

I have read some negative reviews about using Peat Taylor as a tour guide in Ochio Rios. I was actually contemplating using him for our trip there. I was wondering about the other tour operators (Phil Lafayette,Trevor Hudlin)? Has anyone had some good experiences with them or any other tour operator. I want to do the Dunn River/White River tubing.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:15 PM

Hello spatelbc:

We actually did the falls/White River tubing when we went on our last cruise. We had a large group (39 people) that were together, so needless to say we weren't an "easy" tour group. I actually booked through shorexcursions.com but our guide was Denton Pendergast from Karandas Tours. I have kept his business card because he did such a fabulous job with our large group. His e-mail is dengast@cwjamaica.com or you may be able to go through shoreexcursions.com again. Good luck and have a GREAT trip!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Glad to hear you had a good experience Ohio Sports Mom. There are some good operators out there.

Peat Taylor has been banned from this forum several times (he is persistent) because he was spamming us with fake posts which lauded his tour service.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:06 AM

We did this excursion through ShoreTrips last April and we were very pleased. I just posted last week to someone else that they even drove us through the fern grotto before the Dunns climb. We had a great experience with them and would use them again. The White River tubing was also a lot of fun.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-09-2009, 11:01 AM

We used Trevor in September 08 for our tour. I highly recommend him. We just told him where we wanted to go as we didn't want to go to a beach and he drove us around in the AC bus and pointed out all the sights. He even waited at one of the shopping areas while sis & I shopped - he chatted for about an hour with hubby and then he took us back to the pier ... excellent service - really nice gentleman.

Closed Thread

Tags
guide, hudlin, karandas, lafayette, negative, ochio, ocho, peat, phil, port, private, recent, reviews, rios, taylor, tours, trevor