Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2007, 12:13 PM

Has anyone gone to Paradise Beach in Cozumel? Is it too good to be true? It looks wonderful. Any pro's or Con's I should know about? We are taking our two sons this time on the cruise. One is 21, the other 17. Will they like it?
Were going Dec. 15th. Will that matter?
Old 07-17-2007, 12:21 PM

Do a search on it in Caribbean Port Chat section, there are tons of posts on it.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:55 PM

We were there in June and loved it. The beach was really nice and the service was wonderful. We our 2 kids, 18 and 15 and an extra one (18). They had a ball.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-17-2007, 06:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by sherri:
Has anyone gone to Paradise Beach in Cozumel? Is it too good to be true? It looks wonderful. Any pro's or Con's I should know about? We are taking our two sons this time on the cruise. One is 21, the other 17. Will they like it?
Were going Dec. 15th. Will that matter?
We have been there 3 times since October and are heading there again in August.

Here is the deal on Paradise Beach:

Tom is the manager from Canada and has an excellent staff that work very hard to pull off "Paradise" every day.

Is it for you? This depends.

If you are crusing with kids, there is no better place.

Paradise Beach is free. (no entrance fee)
That means lounge chairs, tables, umbrellas, CLEAN restrooms, changing rooms and Internet at the bar...ALL FREE. All that they ask is that you eat/drink $10 per person for all day.

They also offer an optional $9 wristband that allows you to use their nonmotorized toys all day. These include iceberg, water trampolines (2), kayaks, snorkeling and floats and life vests if needed. There is a deposit for equipment that is returned IN FULL when you return the equipment. They also have lockers to rent if you need one.

Please note the wristbands are optional. This means in our case, the boys get them and Hubby and I do not. We are sit in the shade people.

Food and drinks are excellent. You simply run a tab and at the end you can pay cash or credit card.

Paradise Beach is also surrounded by independent vendors who offer jet skis, banana boats, parasailing (the safer kind that uses a platform and a winch), massages on the beach for $1 a minute with a 20 minute minimum, hair braiding.

Now, will it be crowded? It depends on how many ships are in port. Since October, the most ships in port with us was 4 and Paradise Beach was not crowded at all.

The waterline is rocky so I would recommend beach shoes. But that is the entire resort side of Cozumel....not just Paradise Beach.

And if a Norte has blown in, the water can be murky...but again that will be everywhere.

Paradise Beach is not perfect. But they have a loyal following and an excellent rating among cruisers.

If that is what you are looking for. Now if you are adults only and want more of a subdued atmosphere...I have several excellent recommendations as well.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:48 PM

Wow!!! Thank you. I will have the massage please with a side of Corona's...
Thank you guys for your time and wisdom on this. We are just tired of being on these excursions where were all paraded around on a time limit. My mom and mother in law said they will be shopping close to the ship and back to eat there and then back shopping. No worries there. So thanks again.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:04 AM
Banned

You are welcome.

I forgot to add that the taxi for four people will run you about $15 one way. There are always a ton of taxis waiting on you to take you back. Tom actually has a waiting area for them with soda, shade and a tv. Give yourself about an hour to get back, get in line and get back on the ship.

Have a great cruise!
Old 07-18-2007, 09:47 AM

LHP,
What would you recomend for an adult beach in Cozumel? Thanks

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, beacj, braiding, cozumel, cruise, hair, jet, paradise, ship, skis