Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2007, 02:25 PM

Has anyone cruise to Aruba lately, and if so, what ship?

Please tell me a little about Aruba, as I have been to almost all Caribbean islands, but they say Aruba is a "must" to see.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:13 PM

Have not cruised to Aruba for a while, I liked it. It has a different feel from some other ports that allow gaming. Very friendly is one thing I recall. I felt totally comfortable walking around. Very strong Dutch influence. We docked right beside the now "famous" Carlos and Charlies. Went on the under the street boat to a private island and it was beautiful. I think it was Sonesta Resorts back then, Marriott may own it now. It was beautiful. Lots of Iquanas.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:51 AM

Aruba is a nice island, very clean, very friendly. We went snorkeling all 3 times we were there. There was some shopping available at the dock. We did walk around the town a little and had a drink. This time we're just going to do the Palms beach, bring our snorkeling gear just in case. I prefer Curacao, but Aruba is nice.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:01 AM

We spent a week on Aruba a couple of years ago and found it to be just what we were looking for that particular year; R & R. Felt very safe everywhere that we went and found the locals to be welcoming. We missed the tropical feel and the vivid colors of other islands we have visited in the Caribbean. Hold on to your hats; there is a constant wind that will blow you away as evidenced by the way the Divi Divi trees are shaped. We toured the island and enjoyed a full day on Palm Island doing the snorkle thing. They also offered a snuba there as well. Many of our friends enjoy one or two weeks there every year and never seem to tire of it. I prefer to be on the water more than in it I guess.

Peter1

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-21-2007, 12:36 PM

Is Palms Beach in Aruba, or another place? I heard that Baby Beach was a good place to see/visit too.

I went to St. Lucia twice, and I just LOVE it. I'm beginning to wonder if I will like Aruba as good.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:49 AM

Palm Beach is in Aruba and Florida. I like St. Lucia much better, but that's my opinion. Aruba is worth visiting and the snorkeling is good.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:44 AM

PENNY3333, thanks for telling me about Palm Beach.

I have heard such good about Aruba, and never being there, I thought I would try it out, but I almost wonder now, if I really should see it? As I said before I LOVE St Lucia, so I don't know whether I should go ahead and check it out or not, but I guess there is no hurt in seeing it "once"

Closed Thread

Tags
1012, aruba, cruise, cruised, reviews, schedule, ship, visiting, worth