Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2006, 06:44 AM

My teens and I are going on the Conquest in Aug. originally we were planning on going to Dunn's but after reading some reviews and postings, it may not seem worth it to go from MoBay as it takes 4 hours round trip and the roads are horrible. Anyone have suggestions or comments?
Also, if we decide not to do Dunn's, the other excursion we would like to do is the Canopy Adventure Tour (ziplines). My son is small (only 77lbs at age 13) and I am curious if he weighs enough to carry him through the zipline by himself. I have seen pictures where kids are riding tandem with parents. Anyone out there done either of these trips? suggestions and comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 06-25-2006, 02:44 PM

Hello. My husband and step son did the zip line tour in MoBay, when we went there on the Freedom. My husband said is they will push you to help you get momentum, or they will "whip they line", to help people who are stuck, or just go out to get you if all else fails. My step son weights about 110, and didn't have a problem. Hope this helps. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-25-2006, 06:22 PM

Hi,
Dunn's River Falls wouldn't be worth a 4 hour cab ride in my opinion.

Old 06-26-2006, 09:15 AM

Just my 2 cents. I think Dunn's would be a great way to spend the day. Not only do you get a chance to have a fun adventure by climbing the falls, but you get to see some of Jamaica. The country is poor, there's no doubt about it, but there is beauty to behold as well. I truly believe it opens the eyes of children by seeing that not everyone lives as we do in America. We take so much for granted and seeing how people go about lives without electricity, indoor plumbing, game boys, x-boxes, etc., makes one appreciate what they have (or it should). The roads are not all that bad in Jamaica, I've seen worse in Mexico and Venezuela. It will also keep the locals hanging around the port away from you. If you decide to do the falls, I believe you'll have a wonderful experience. Best wishes and have a marvelous cruise!
Old 06-30-2006, 08:23 PM

We went to Dunn's River Falls last year and it was beautiful. It's not too often that you get to climb something like this and see it's beauty all at the same time. Though, we were sailing on Rhapsody and were already in Ocho Rios, I think the bus ride would be worth it. It's lots of fun and a once-in-a-lifetime experience!! GO FOR IT!
Old 07-01-2006, 03:58 PM

We have gone to Dunns river, it is beautiful. Whatever you do have a great time.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:01 PM

One of the reasons I said I wouldn't take a 4 hour ride to do the Dunn's River Falls is because most Western itineraries will have Ocho Rios as a port of call. If you aren't going to cruises again, do the falls.

Old 07-03-2006, 12:06 PM

Sonny is correct. If you think you will be doing another western carbi cruise, skip Dunns River Falls until you get a ship that ports in Ochos Rios. From Ochos Rios, its about a $5 cab ride and admission to the falls ($15??) From Montego Bay its a $109 per head tour! We did the Montego Bay to the Falls tour and were sorry that we did. yes, it is bueatiful, but the cost is so much higher due to the bus ride. And in order for you to get back to the ship on time, (with some time left over for them to stop in a "convienent" place to shop.. they don't spend enough time at the falls. You have enough time to climb the falls and then you pretty much have to leave instead of enjoying the area.

The zip tour is very fun... either would be good, but watch the excursions for long ones.. this means that they are a long bus ride .. not much fun..

Jim
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013

Closed Thread

Tags
bay, cab, cruise, dunn, dunns, falls, it, line, montego, port, reach, ride, river, worth, zip