Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 12:11 PM

Well, if the shoe fits. LOL. I didn't know that you had ventured that far out of Cancun. It still looks like we will be the only ones on this cruise so maybe we should just stay on the ship and be pampered....all those guy with nothing to do but take care of us..HMMMM.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-14-2008, 01:01 PM

Hi Christyslost, welcome to Cruise-Chat. If you've been to Xel-ha, then you've covered one of the best snorkeling places near Cozumel. I've done some good catamaran sail/snorkel trips through the ship, as well, but they weren't inexpensive. I think y'all would like Chankanaab Park, Paradise Beach, or Cozumel Beach Club. Chankanaab and the beach club had pretty good snorkeling, Paradise is better for water toys, and drinking, ok eating too, but definitely drinking. Cozumel is easy to get around and there are plenty of scooter rentals. You see tourists zipping up and down all the time. No matter where y'all end up, I'm sure you'll have a great time!
Old 08-15-2008, 11:54 AM
I will be in Cozumel in December and am curious as where to go with the scooters as you are Sky. Maybe when you get back from your cruise you can post who you rented from and where you actually "scooted" to. I certainly would appreciate it if you did.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Administrator

While renting scooters is a personal choice, I would never do it and am reminded of what our driver told us last month while taking us snorkeling...he said tourists on scooters are the biggest source of traffic accidents and injuries on the island, and all us bikers know who always loses in a two-wheel versus four-wheel wreck.

Just a word of caution.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:44 PM

Thanks everyone. We have read about the horrors of riding a scooter in Cozumel. Think we will skip it even though my sister is a bike rider, I am not and I would rather come home all in one piece.

Bahamas Reviews
Old 08-16-2008, 09:04 AM
I have been on some Carnival ships that posted signs at the gangway warning people not to rent scooters. If you have never rode one and do it for the first time in a country you are unfamilair with can only spell disaster. Even if you are experianced, doing it where you are not familiar with the roads and laws is risky.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:28 AM

people driving in cozumel is crazy. the first time we were there we took a taxi to chanacanob. the driver drove crazy. they have laws but they in my opinion are only suggestions. I remember thinking, I do not want to die in a taxi accident in cozumel...very scary. can you imagine how little respect they would have for scooter riders. I dont want to think about it.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:53 PM

I have had some crazy taxi rides on Cozumel too! I am surprised the taxis don't have more dents in them.

Dwayne
Old 08-17-2008, 06:36 AM
Well, thats that then. No scooters for us!!!!! Thanks for the warnings all! I wasn't THAT excited to do that anyways.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:51 PM
Go Shopping or to Tulum.....or do both:-)

NO SCOOTERS:-)

Happy sailing

Bob E

Closed Thread

Tags
arriving, caribbe, club, cozumel, cozumul, cruise, dock, pool, port, scary, scooter, ship, snorkeling, stingrays, thing, things