Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2004, 03:12 PM

We are heading out again in October for the southern carribbean. This will be the first time we are sailing out of San Juan. We are flying in a day early and flying out a day after the cruise and are looking for a hotel that is near the Princess Cruise Line Port. We would also like to be able to do some sightseeing on foot from the hotel. Does anyone have some nice hotels moderatly priced for us to stay? We are guessing we sail out of old San Juan and are looking maybe for something there? any advice would be appretiated... feel free to e-mail us personally as well.

Thanks and happy sailing

Old 03-30-2004, 02:57 PM

Lyn
Im also sailing out of San Juan in October.Staying 2 days pre and post cruise. I was succesful using priceline for my post cruise hotel. Bid $60 for Wyndham Old San Juan. If you are at the Old San Juan pier the Wyndham is right across the street. Here is the website.

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/SJUHC/main.wnt?aff=wyn02

Im sure other will also chime in with there choices.
Im sure you will have a great time! Is it October yet?
Old 03-31-2004, 05:31 PM

wow.... you bid $60 and it was accepted? We had heard of this place... so thank you very much for your input. I've never used priceline before..... pretty easy to do? thanks again... looks great on the website!

Old 04-03-2004, 05:15 PM

Lyn
Yes, my bid of $60 was accepted. Priceline is a great option, the only thing about it you cant pick the hotel. They just allow you to pick a region and the category of hotel. I picked San Juan, 3 star. It also helped that I was looking for a hotel sunday and monday. It would take a much higher bid to get a hotel on a friday or saturday via priceline.
I used betterbidding.com to get an idea about which hotels people with priceline were getting.
People have also been getting the Caribe Hilton by bidding Resort in San Juan.
Like I said, its a gamble bidding because you wont know what hotel,if any, will accept your bid.It worked out perfectly for me.

Have a wonderful cruise!
Old 06-14-2004, 07:42 PM

When is your cruise? I leave Oct 2nd on the Golden Princess.

That specific hotel recieved some very poor reviews on tripadvisor.com and travelocity.

(I was looking at priceline also)
Old 06-15-2004, 02:13 AM

Oct 3 on Carnival Destiny.
Almost every 3* and up hotel in San Juan gets postive and negatives reviews on Tripadvisor. The trend I have found is those paying the full rate are much more critical than the people that used priceline.
I ended up using priceline and got the Wyndham Old San Juan 2 nights post cruise for $60 Sunday,Monday(10-10,11).

Im staying at the Raddison Ambassador, Friday-$75(10-1), then renting a car and driving to the Hyatt Dorado Saturday-$75(10-2) pre-cruise. Im sure most wouldnt want to move around that much, but I wanted to stay in different areas to get a better feel of Puerto Rico.

You can also find great webrates by going directly to the hotels website. I know the InterContinental is offering a non refundable rate of $109 for most of Sept and October.This is the website

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ic/1/en/hd/sjuha?irs=y

Good luck! Have a great cruise!!!
Old 06-28-2004, 05:25 AM

Hello:
As a local Puertorrican person i can suggest Wyndham Old San Juan and Caribe Hilton Hotels. They can be expensive. The advantage of staying at Wyndham is that u can walk trough Old San Juan.I strongly suggest that either one you choose take a cab since the areas closer to the Pier is not very safe. Another option, which is cheaper just next to caribe Hilton is Park Normandie Plaza Hotel.It has great service and wonderful restaurants. They also have their own private beach.
Hope that u enyoy your stay in Puerto Rico. If you admire Ricky Martin let me tell you a secret, rumors are that he owns a Penthouse at the Apartment in shape of a boat closeby the Park Normandie Plaza Hotel.

Closed Thread

Tags
bids, juan, priceline, san