Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2007, 06:16 AM

We are shopping, site seeing and beach people.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:35 AM

We were there last year and went to Pigeon Island. We did it on our own and I think the tour through the ship would have been much less expensive. They offered an excursion on a Pirate ship that stopped at Pigeon Island for over an hour. We took a taxi, $30/pp each way, then it was $10/pp to get in. It's a nice park with beaches and shade. There is a fort there and remnants of other buildings. They have a cafe there although it is a little pricey. The view from the top of the hill is gorgeous and the beach was very clean. Not much snorkeling, but great swimming and good trails to hike. The time before we did a catamaran sail/snorkel (through the ship)which was very nice as well. Hope you have a wonderful time.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:21 AM

We went on a whole day tour there through Princess, I found it to be exhausting, but we did see some great sites. We went on a catarmaran on the 1st part stopping at Marigot Bay then a beach (forget the name of the beach) then we sailed near the pitons, (awesome photo ops here). Then the tour went to that drive-in volcano (huge dissapointment, not worth going here! - also smelled really really bad). Then the tour went to the Mourne Coubaril Estate which was okay (they showed how they made spices, i think ((I really didn't pay close attention zzzz)), except there was no tour of the estate house. The lunch was good. The ride back was VERY bumpy and filled with hairpin, hair-raising curves which made us car sick. All in all, I'm glad I got tour tour this island and that I got to see some of it by land and sea. There were no opportunities to shop (less the small gift shop at the Mourn Coubaril Estate).

Closed Thread

Tags
island, lucia, pigeon, pirate, port, ship, st, tortola