Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2004, 01:56 PM

Hi,
My husband and I are going on RCs southern caribbean cruise (Aruba, Curacao,St. Maarten, St. Thomas and San Juan) and we are wondering if anyone has advice on the excursions at these ports. We are thinking of doing a snuba or snorkeling tour going to Trunk Bay. Has anyone ever done this excursion? I have heard it is better just to go on your own. Any suggestions appreciated! Thanks Kerry
Old 03-01-2004, 01:56 PM

Hi,
My husband and I are going on RCs southern caribbean cruise (Aruba, Curacao,St. Maarten, St. Thomas and San Juan) and we are wondering if anyone has advice on the excursions at these ports. We are thinking of doing a snuba or snorkeling tour going to Trunk Bay. Has anyone ever done this excursion? I have heard it is better just to go on your own. Any suggestions appreciated! Thanks Kerry
Old 03-01-2004, 07:19 PM

Kerry, There are a number of reviews and suggestions about each of these ports at our sister site www.portreviews.com. That said, I would highly recommend Trunk Bay for snorkeling (the underwater trail is awesome).
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-18-2004, 12:46 PM

Take the ships excursion in Curaceo to the snorkeling site with the tug boat. It takes about 45 minutes to get there by boat. I don't recall the name of the area, but in the description it says something about sunken tug boat. It is fabulous lots of colorful fish.
Aruba, hop on a van, with one of the tour operators and take an island tour. You can negotiate $15 p/p for a 3 hour tour. Of course you will be in the van with other cruise pax you don't know. St. Thomas, again jump in a taxi and have the driver take you around the island for 2.5 - 3 hours. Cost is approx $20 p/p and is a good value. You can ask to be dropped off at Coki Beach or Sapphire Beach where you can snorkel for $5 each for an hour.
St. Maarten, I would stick with a cruise tour here, since I don't know anything about going off on your own. Lots of people like to go to Orient Beach (optional nude beach) or do the America's cup challenge, on a sail boat.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, excursions, port, snuba, souther, southern