Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2008, 08:58 PM

We will be sailing on the Glory Ship on Feb 8th and was thinking about trying snorkeling with our 8 and 9 year old sons. We thought about cave tubing but have heard the water is 70 degrees. Has anyone known anyone who has gone to the Adventure Park in Cozumel, it looks really neat on the web site? Help
Old 01-28-2008, 07:18 AM

If you are in cozumel go to Chanacanob park. The taxi ride from the port is 10 dollars. you can rent equipment or take your own. It is beautiful there. If you go to Playa, you must go to the Xcaret park. They have it all, snorkeling, cave tubing and it is awesome. The water in the caves are cold but after about 30 secs you adjust and are fine. But the first jump into the waters are a bit of a shock, give it 30 sec and you will be fine.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:52 AM

Hi FamilyFive, welcome to Cruise-Chat. There is some snorkeling at Paradise Beach as well, I personally think Chankanaab was better for snorkeling. Paradise is better if you just want to lie around and drink. The best snorkeling is Xel-ha, but it would be more expensive to get there, and from your screen name, I assume there would be 5 of you. If you can afford it, take them to the Dolphin swim (not encounter) at Chankanaab Park and then you can go snorkeling afterwards. It is the most awesome experience I've ever had. Hope you have a wonderful time and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 01-28-2008, 06:33 PM

Penny - if my son and his girlfriend book the dolphin swim at Chankanaab and my husband and I book just the sight seeing tour ending at chankanaab - will we meet up with each other and snorkle together after they do their swim?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-29-2008, 05:25 AM

I have never been on the tour but Chanacanob is great. That is what i would do. you would enjoy the trip to Chanacanob. But I was wondering what the tour includes. The cost to get in Chanacanob is 15 dollars i think. and then renting the snorkeling equipment is 10 dollars. But if money is not an issue do the tour and meet up with them. Set a time to meet at the snorkeling area. You will love it.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:31 AM

The tour my husband and I want to go on is a 5 hour tour - we are at Cozumel from 7am to 4pm. The tour is suppose to start at 11 - how is that? This tour goes to Discover Mexico Park first which is suppose to be 5 minutes from Chankanaab Park and then onto Chankanaab where we will be able to rent snorkle equipment. My son and girlfriends tour starts at 11am and is suppose to be 3-1/2 hours but they have the option to stay longer, they say there transportation back to the ship every hour on the hour.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-29-2008, 09:05 AM

It sounds like a good plan to me. They will have plenty to do to keep them occupied until y'all could get there.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:18 AM

Paradise Beach is nice, but we've snorkeled in a lot of places, the Keys, Grand Cayman, Belize...this wasn't good snorkeling. I think Chakanaab would be a better bet for younger children because there seems to be more to do, also.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:44 PM

You will enjoy it no matter which you choose. I love cozumel. But i reread your post.I think it said you are there until 4 pm....and your tour doesnt leave until 11.....not much time. do it on your own!!! you are going to be rushed to get back to the boat and YOU NEVER WANT TO DO THAT. Never ever cut it close getting back to the boat. the boat will leave you.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:45 PM

ok I missed the ship on this post. just realized they have alread left and come back......duh

Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, adventures, caribbean, cave, caving, chanacanob, cozemel, cozmel, cozumel, park, port, review, reviews, ride, royal