Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 07:22 AM

We'll be on RCC Serenade Dec. 13th to (St.) Thomas, Maarten, John's, Lucia; and Barbados. Any recommendations on beaches and water activities? We're 30 in age, I'm interested in the America's Cup Challenge in St. Maarten...has anyone done this? We're thinking since the excursions are around 3 hrs., we'll hit one then find a nice beach. Thanks for replying.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:22 AM

We'll be on RCC Serenade Dec. 13th to (St.) Thomas, Maarten, John's, Lucia; and Barbados. Any recommendations on beaches and water activities? We're 30 in age, I'm interested in the America's Cup Challenge in St. Maarten...has anyone done this? We're thinking since the excursions are around 3 hrs., we'll hit one then find a nice beach. Thanks for replying.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:04 AM

Hello Dand98, welcome to Cruise-Chat! I've been to St. Thomas several times and found Coki Beach, and Trunk Bay to be my favorites beaches. I'm sure there will be a lot of post with great suggestions on things to do at your ports of call. I hope you have a fantastic cruise vacation!

Sonny

Old 12-03-2008, 09:06 AM

Hi Dand98, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Great itinerary! If you like snorkeling/diving, you're going to some great ports for that. In St. Thomas we normally take a ferry over to St. Johns and a cab to Trunk Bay. It is one of the top 10 beaches in the world. There is a self-guided snorkeling trail about 50 yards off shore. They have all the ammenities you need, lockers, fresh water showers, snack bar, a couple of shops (St. Thomas is for shopping though-St. John is too expensive), snorkeling equipment rental, etc. The America's cup racing is a blast. We did that the last time we were in St. Maarten. We were the K12 crew. You actually get to man a sailing yacht. After that you can either go to Orient Beach or Maho Beach (where the jets land on top of you). In Antigua we did a catamaran sail/snorkel. The snorkeling was horrible because there were way too many jelly fish. It might have just been the time of the year. Scott Taylor did Pineapple Beach and said it was great. St. Lucia is a beautiful island. The last time we were there, we went to Pigeon Island. The snorkeling wasn't that great, but the beach was fantastic. It also had a fantastic look out from the top of the old fort area, and some buildings still left over that you can explore. In Barbados, we have always done the Tiami catamaran sail/snorkel. The crews are fantastic, the snorkels have been good, and the catamarans are great. If you do the one with the lunch, be sure to try the bajan pepper sauce. It's made with scotch bonnets and is a mustard base sauce. It's really spicy, but great! If you use your "Find" feature in the upper left hand corner and type in your ports, it will pull up all the posts made about them. You may find something that really interests you. Hope this information helps a little. Best wishes and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 12-04-2008, 02:54 PM

Thanks Sonny & Penny, great thoughts and suggestions! Just booked America's Cup race, the flag drops at 8:30am...
Old 12-05-2008, 06:15 AM

We lost, but had a ball!

Closed Thread

Tags
k12, martin, reviews, sailing, st