Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2007, 02:44 PM

We are planning on going to the island of St. Lucia by cruise ship. I would appreciate any input of things to see/do there. Also, we would like to do a plantation tour there, if there are any? I would like to book through the internet, instead of going through the cruise ship itself.

Any ideas you can give me would be appreciated.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Banned

You can book a tour with a cab... the tours are set at the duty free area where reputable guides offer tours...we took a water taxi to the mall, $3 round trip,
and the price was cheaper from a cabbie over there...they will have placemats with pictures of the places they will take you and the sites to see for a set price. Cabs are not regulated in st. lucia but i was glad to see the prices actually came down from a few years ago. find a driver who speaks your language where you can understand his commentary and set the price and length of the tour....or if you just want plantation stuff, find a driver willing to accomodate you. its not hard, they are very friendly there.

Do a yahoo search on "st. lucia plantation" to find names of places with tours or places near your port...as it is very mountainous and cab rides are long and a little rough across the hills....
Old 01-22-2007, 10:34 AM

Went to St. Lucia in Nov. on Princess and did the land and sea tour which included a plantation which was called the Mourne Coubaril Estate. You didn't get to see the house inside, so we didn't enjoy this part of the tour.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:52 AM

When you took a tour of the plantation, what all did you see or do? I know you said you did not see the inside of the house. Was there lunch served or anything like that? Years ago when I visited a plantation, they had a big tractor that pulled a flat bed that we all boarded, and on top of that, they gave each lady a beautiful flower to hold or put in our hair. It was nice.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:54 PM

Yes they did have a really nice Caribbean style lunch buffet for us there. No tractor or flowers for the ladies though. I also didn't think the Drive-Through Volcano was worth seeing either. Looked and smelled more like a sulfur pit than a volcano. We enjoy plantation tours where they tour the homes better.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:29 PM

Thank you for the replies I received in regard to St. Lucia and the plantations, also about taking the taxis.

If anyone thinks of any thing else to tell me of how to have a great time there in St. Lucia, please let me know.

Closed Thread