Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2007, 04:16 PM

I have cruised with Royal Caribbean about 4 times and usually try to find new ports to visit. My wife and I booked a cruise this week in October that leaves Baltimore and ports in San Juan Puerto Rico, Charlotte Amalie St. Thomas, Samana Dominican Republic and Labadee. (We have already been to Labadee). We usually don't do excursions (too pricey), and like to go sightseeing on our own. Can anyone provide suggestions of things to do, must see places to vist and any "watch outs" in these ports? Any help would be deeply apprecaited!
Old 07-27-2007, 11:13 AM

In San Juan, a tour of old San Juan is very intresting or a tour of the Bacardi Factory is yummy and interesting. In St. Thomas, if you like shopping, it's a good place to shop. If you've not been to St. Thomas and want to stay on the island, Coki Beach and Magen's Bay are nice. Sapphire Beach is nice, but there are a lot of small rocks when trying to get into the water, the north end has easier access. If you want to go to a beautiful beach, catch the ferry to St. John and a cab to Trunk Bay. It is one of the top ten beaches of the world. There is a self-guided snorkel trail about 50 yards from the beach, with all the facilities necessary available. When we were in the Dominican Republic, we did a catamaran sail/snorkel through Costa. It was great snorkeling. Hope this helps out some and have a wonderful cruise!
Old 07-27-2007, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
In San Juan, a tour of old San Juan is very intresting or a tour of the Bacardi Factory is yummy and interesting.
Penny I like how you phrased that! It certainly is yummy. Rum and Coca-Cola! Anejo, on the rocks. 151, neat. If you like Pina Colada.... Rum is Yum.

Drink responsibly though!
Old 07-28-2007, 06:21 AM

Thank you very much! Any additional suggestions on the other locations? By the way......Are these locations in walking distant of the port or do I need to get a taxi or bus?
Old 07-30-2007, 12:08 PM

Kjlive, it depends on where you dock, but it certainly is possible to walk. If I were you, it might be a little safer to take a cab. Sidewalks don't mean much to the drivers there, if someone is turning they'll drive on the sidewalk to get around them. I don't think they have brakes, just horns. The cab fares are reasonable in San Juan.

Closed Thread

Tags
dominican, republic, samana