Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2007, 05:03 PM
Banned

Chakanaab sucks....see my post titled the same...it is a $10 cab ride and $16 entrance to nothing more than a beach....the botanical gardens are gone, the reef is gone, 5 of the 6 underwater statues are gone....the replica mayan statues and walking paths were gone, and when we went in july, 9 months after hurricane Wilma, the dolphins were gone too....i have seen posts saying they have opened that part again.. but just because of the $$$ it generates
I felt ripped off after i read what a great place it was from lots of posts and found out the truth (after paying at the gate). I joined this forum to tell people what a crappy place Chakanaab beach is.

we did a snorkel trip in Dec from paradise beach which had 4 wheelers, horses, and snorkel trips (on a boat to real reef) one snorkel site was within sight of land but paradise beach was the only commercial place around. give it time and there will be plenty of beach clubs popping up around these ports...but as of now they are still beat up down there.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, carnivals, costa, cozumel, day, dive, diving, excursion, excursions, half, helmet, jet, maya, port, rent, reviews, skis, year