Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2007, 11:06 AM

Again thanks. I think we will be happy with any beach as long as we can have a beverage or two...or three. Hopefully the beverages do not give us courage to venture over to Orient Beach. Think I might back my very dark sunglasses....just in case
I'll give you the low down should I decide to visit the dark side.
Leigh

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Imagination Mar. 09
Carnival Destiny Nov. 2008
Carnival Liberty March 2008
Carnival Freedom Nov 2007
Explorer of the Sea Mar 2007
Carnival Fascination Nov. 2006
Grand Princess Feb 4 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb 2005
TSS Atlas 1988
Discovery 1983

Old 04-17-2007, 02:00 AM
I went to Orient Beach during my cruise last November. I did not see any naked people until I ventured to the southern part of the beach. After I passed the warning signs, they were everywhere. And they all were VERY DIFFICULT TO LOOK AT. They were all from Europe and all were at least 65 years old or older! When I saw the photos of ancient Egyptian mummies after they unwrapped them; the mummies looked better then some of the people walking on the beach.
If you are bringing teenage boys and they get all excited anticipating they will see some one like Pamela Anderson or some "Super Model" walking around nude; THEY WILL BE SEVERELY DISSAPOINTED!

By the way the southern end of the beach is also where Club Orient (a nudist resort) is located. That is why that part of the beach is clothing optional.

I did not see a single naked person nor topless female on the northern part of the beach (on the other side of the warning signs). Maybe it was just on that day?

Anyway, Orient Beach otherwise looked beautiful; with the emerald and tourqouise waters and mountians in the backround (to the north). I unfortunately cant say the same about the ride in the taxi-van to get there. One has to travel in a taxi-van from Phillipsburg to Orient Beach. During the trip you travel through the middle of the island and see a little of the third world and it's matching undeveloped roadways. The trip is about 10 miles (16KM) geographically, but it felt like 3 times that far.

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, cab, carnival, divi, forum, maarten, man, metcalf, naked, orient, people, port, sint, teens, topless