Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2007, 06:04 PM

Ok whats the deal on this? Went into Orient Beach site and saw nothing but NAKED people, its actually looks rather hilarious not to mention it has a beautifull beach but saw a little bit more than what I want my teens to see.Many people have spoke of it but forgot to mention that part. Is there any part that is not so naked? Not that its a bad thing. Is this something we should skip all together or is there another part of the beach which is not so "nature" like.
Leigh

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Imagination Mar. 09
Carnival Destiny Nov. 2008
Carnival Liberty March 2008
Carnival Freedom Nov 2007
Explorer of the Sea Mar 2007
Carnival Fascination Nov. 2006
Grand Princess Feb 4 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb 2005
TSS Atlas 1988
Discovery 1983

Old 02-08-2007, 07:42 AM

Part of the beach is clothing optional (nude). As you enter that area, there is a sign to tell you that you're entering the clothing optional area and I believe it says that cameras are prohibited. My DH and I have been there a few times and always walk down to that part of the beach. Frankly, I think that part is nicer. Even on the non-clothing optional part of the beach, I've seen women sunbathing topless and the clothing optional people do stroll up and down the entire beach. Suffice it to say, some people should remained clothed especially some of the older beachgoers. I can say that because I'm up there in years and wouldn't want to inflict this body on innocent people! Anyway, most everything I've read about Orient Beach makes it clear that it is a clothing optional/topless beach.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:45 AM

There is a beach right by where you dock. When we went to Orient beach, we didn't see anyone naked that should have been, but we only saw a few. None of them stayed in the area long, just walked up and down the beach. There was only one lady that was under 40, and she had a see through cover-up on, but the other ones were at least 70 and should NOT have been unclothed. It might give your teens an idea of what they have to look forward to , but I think the beach by the pier is not topless. Best wishes
Old 02-08-2007, 09:17 AM

my wife and I been there several times(beautiful beach) and we did it with swim suites on. As with most beaches like this that I have been to the people going "Au Natural" should not be. It is a funny place to people watch, there are two parts to the beach and they are marked. No matter which side you are on you will see some older naked guy walking around. So if you go there, plan on seeing completly naked people walking the beach with nothing on but a smile
Old 02-09-2007, 07:53 PM

Not a place to take teenagers. My wife makes me wear blinders. Seems I'm a little allergic to that place, I breakout in bruises.

Sonny
Old 02-10-2007, 03:04 AM
So is teenagers allergic to naked people, or are the parents worried they'll see something they didn't know excisted?

However, my wife would probably make me wear something to protect my eyes too

Old 02-10-2007, 05:54 PM

Thanks guys & gals for your input. I can well imagine it would be a good place to people watch. I'd love to go just to see the beach but I just don't know how I would handle sitting next to a 70+ naked person while sipping on a beverage. The beach by the port is it calm? and is it as nice as Orient Beach, if not do you have any suggestions where we can go, we are looking for a little beach/bar action as well.
Thanks Leigh

Carnival Imagination Mar. 09
Carnival Destiny Nov. 2008
Carnival Liberty March 2008
Carnival Freedom Nov 2007
Explorer of the Sea Mar 2007
Carnival Fascination Nov. 2006
Grand Princess Feb 4 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb 2005
TSS Atlas 1988
Discovery 1983

Old 02-10-2007, 07:30 PM
We went to Orient beach on our first cruise last December where my husband and my other
kids went swimming. I was sitting in a beach chair under an umbrella and enjoying the beautiful scenery. As I was relaxing, I almost fell sleep but something caught my eye. I thought I saw a guy walking toward us with something on him that was moving side to side. As he got closer, I realized he was a tall, old naked man! . My teenage daughter exclaimed "eww". Then an old naked lady passed us right after that guy. They had left their designated nudist beach and wandered onto ours. Maybe they were so proud of their goddess bodies that they had to show everyone!
2011 - Navigator of the Seas
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 02-11-2007, 03:31 AM
The beach in town is perfectly fine and the seas are usually calm.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Banned

we went to "little divi" beach in december and a few years before...it is a nice beach thats not clothing optional, its in front of a resort across the bay from the pier and has a beach bar with a big parrot named "gizmo"
drinks were a little high with well brand rum punch going for $5-6. they had a watersports booth with rental stuff. there is a ship tour that goes there but it cost more because it includes a lunch and drink coupon...we took a cab with standard posted rate much below the tour..($8) i think...cabs back are also readily available...we stayed twice as long as the ship tour people for half the price and skipped lunch...although i read a great tip on this forum about ordering a sandwich from room service before disembarking and bringing a few ziplocks and a soft sided cooler, that would have worked fine....tip: if you swim out around the point on the left there is a sunken submarine to look at for snorkelers.

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, cab, carnival, divi, forum, maarten, man, metcalf, naked, orient, people, port, sint, teens, topless